The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Asiangirl_18
What? I'm actually pretty lost rn haha. And I'm sorry if I came across as rude etc I dnt mean to be. I guess I just dn like being wrong haha. Pretty sure my zodiac sign says that too. But u guys have made pretty valid arguements and tbh thanx for opening my eyes to all of this :smile: @QE2 and @_gcx
You do know that astrology is completely haram?
Original post by QE2
You do know that astrology is completely haram?

Erm kinda. But I didn't see the harm of just checking out my zodiac sign and what it says about my personality. My mum didn't stop me neither so I didn't think anything was wrong ..
What? I'm actually pretty lost rn haha. And I'm sorry if I came across as rude etc I dnt mean to be. I guess I just dn like being wrong haha. Pretty sure my zodiac sign says that too. But u guys have made pretty valid arguements and tbh thanx for opening my eyes to all of this :smile: @QE2 and @_gcx

Well that de-escalated quickly. :P
Reply 223
Erm kinda. But I didn't see the harm of just checking out my zodiac sign and what it says about my personality. My mum didn't stop me neither so I didn't think anything was wrong ..
Islamic scholars are unanimous on the issue. Consulting astrology and horoscopes is
Original post by _gcx
Well that de-escalated quickly. :P

Hahahah yepp i didnt want to cause any issues. I'm thoughtful like that :tongue:
Original post by QE2
Islamic scholars are unanimous on the issue. Consulting astrology and horoscopes is

LOL :biggrin: well guess that's a new thing learnt. Although tbh I'm not mega strict on all aspects of the religion sooo no harm done I guess :tongue:
Reply 226
LOL :biggrin: well guess that's a new thing learnt. Although tbh I'm not mega strict on all aspects of the religion sooo no harm done I guess :tongue:
With all due respect, if you are "not mega strict on all aspects of Islam", then perhaps the first aspects you should ignore are killing gays and apostates and stoning adulterers, rather than consulting horoscopes?

After all, horoscopes have been shown to be utterly meaningless and zodiac signs have no bearing on personality or anything else, whereas killing people definitely and permanently affects those people being killed.
Just a thought.
Original post by QE2
With all due respect, if you are "not mega strict on all aspects of Islam", then perhaps the first aspects you should ignore are killing gays and apostates and stoning adulterers, rather than consulting horoscopes?

After all, horoscopes have been shown to be utterly meaningless and zodiac signs have no bearing on personality or anything else, whereas killing people definitely and permanently affects those people being killed.
Just a thought.

Just because I'm not mega strict on all the aspects doesn't mean I don't agree with some. I'm not saying I agree with stoning and killing people because they are gay. But what I do believe in is that no one i should born gay. It's a life decision. Thats hard to prove nowadays because young children are getting up and claiming theyr gay or born in the wrong body but I do question how many of them have been exposed to social media where it seems to be a trend to be gay or trans etc etc. Thats what i question. When it comes to killing them though I think it would be better to educate them or just tell them not to flash their gayness around. In the time of the Prophet there were people who claimed to be gay etc and the prophet didn the stone them or have them hung. There are ways to do everything humanely and I'm sure that the Quran has those solutions if we choose to read into it and understand it better. Thats my point of view anyways :smile:
Just because I'm not mega strict on all the aspects doesn't mean I don't agree with some. I'm not saying I agree with stoning and killing people because they are gay. But what I do believe in is that no one i should born gay. It's a life decision. Thats hard to prove nowadays because young children are getting up and claiming theyr gay or born in the wrong body but I do question how many of them have been exposed to social media where it seems to be a trend to be gay or trans etc etc. Thats what i question. When it comes to killing them though I think it would be better to educate them or just tell them not to flash their gayness around. In the time of the Prophet there were people who claimed to be gay etc and the prophet didn the stone them or have them hung. There are ways to do everything humanely and I'm sure that the Quran has those solutions if we choose to read into it and understand it better. Thats my point of view anyways :smile:

image.jpeg

Surely it's not possible to be this ignorant?
Original post by childofthesun
image.jpeg

Surely it's not possible to be this ignorant?

Ignorant!? How so?

Homosexuality, the attraction to those of the same sex as you, is obviously not a choice. Plenty of people have committed suicide because they were gay and have gone through awful bullying and suffering because of it. If it were easy to simply be attracted to the opposite sex then most homosexuals would probably do it.

Yes, you can choose to enter into homosexual relationships, but that doesn't mean the attraction itself is a choice. Just like a straight person choosing to be celibate won't magically make them stop being attracted to the opposite sex.

I really don't think more people are gay because of the internet, it's just that in this day and age more feel comfortable enough to come out. Homosexuals have always existed, it's not some modern trend.

Also, what's wrong with someone "flashing around their gayness"? As long as they're not harming anyone then they should be able to do just that and I'm sure they'd find it insulting to see you saying that they can't be themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just because I'm not mega strict on all the aspects doesn't mean I don't agree with some. I'm not saying I agree with stoning and killing people because they are gay. But what I do believe in is that no one i should born gay. It's a life decision. Thats hard to prove nowadays because young children are getting up and claiming theyr gay or born in the wrong body but I do question how many of them have been exposed to social media where it seems to be a trend to be gay or trans (2) etc etc. Thats what i question. When it comes to killing them though I think it would be better to educate them or just tell them not to flash their gayness around. (1) In the time of the Prophet there were people who claimed to be gay etc and the prophet didn the stone them or have them hung. There are ways to do everything humanely and I'm sure that the Quran has those solutions if we choose to read into it and understand it better. Thats my point of view anyways :smile:

It's not a choice. Why are some people homosexual despite not wanting to be? (For multiple reasons: bullying, oppression, etc.) Surely if it was a choice, people who don't like being homosexual, would be able to change? They can't. Did you choose to be heterosexual?

Should heterosexual people told to not flash their heterosexuality around?

It's not a trend. It's the fact that people are now, you know, not being prosecuted and oppresed for homosexuality. Thus, people are more open. There are studies to suggest that most people are in fact, bisexual to varying degrees. How do you explain people being homosexual before it was considered, I hate saying this, valid by a large majority of society.

It's not hard to prove, it's impossible to prove. You cannot prove that homosexuality is a "choice". However, it can be proved that it isn't, because it is exhibited in organisms that are not intelligent enough to conceptualise sexuality.

Oh well I only said its my opinion not fact do dnt take it that way and there won't be any problems. Yet again. God do u guys ever back off? Everyone has their own opinions. Thats not a crime.
Oh well I only said its my opinion not fact do dnt take it that way and there won't be any problems. Yet again. God do u guys ever back off? Everyone has their own opinions. Thats not a crime.

You can't just come out with bigoted crap like you've done then give it the 'hey it's just an opinion' victimisation line when you're called out on it. Grow up and have a word with yourself.
Original post by KimKallstrom
You can't just come out with bigoted crap like you've done then give it the 'hey it's just an opinion' victimisation line when you're called out on it. Grow up and have a word with yourself.

Call it bigoted or whatever u wish. It is my opinion kus I think being gay isn't natural. It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve. Altho maybe a third testament will come out with that in it
Call it bigoted or whatever u wish. It is my opinion kus I think being gay isn't natural. It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve. Altho maybe a third testament will come out with that in it

Adam and eve didn't exist.We evolved by a process of evolution.And no that is not debateable.There is more evidence for evolution than there is for the roman empire; I hope you are not also going to deny the existence of the ancient romans.Speaking of the ancients,they also practiced homosexuality.You even said there were gay people in mohhameds time.That would tend to suggest that being gay is not a random trend wouldn't it? Must be a massively popular trend to keep going for all these millenia?
Original post by Robby2312
Adam and eve didn't exist.We evolved by a process of evolution.And no that is not debateable.There is more evidence for evolution than there is for the roman empire; I hope you are not also going to deny the existence of the ancient romans.Speaking of the ancients,they also practiced homosexuality.You even said there were gay people in mohhameds time.That would tend to suggest that being gay is not a random trend wouldn't it? Must be a massively popular trend to keep going for all these millenia?

So u think some great Big Bang and a bit of evolution created the world and our bodies etc and every little system that is naturally im place in the world wow hahah. Lol
So u think some great Big Bang and a bit of evolution created the world and our bodies etc and every little system that is naturally im place in the world wow hahah. Lol

As opposed to some supernatural being wishing the universe into existence,yeah I do think that. How else do you explain stuff like fossils? Evolution is the same process that has happened to dogs but on a much larger scale.Humans artificially select dogs for breeding until eventually you end up with something that looks like a chihuahua,which looks nothing like a wolf.Natural selection over billions of years does the same thing until you end up with species changing.Its like ageing in humans.You don't notice a human getting older every day but one day they end up looking really old.
Its a slow gradual process.In the same way you don't notice evolution because it doesn't happen in 80 or 90 years.It happens over millenia.So we don't notice it.But it still happens slowly but surely.
Original post by Robby2312
As opposed to some supernatural being wishing the universe into existence,yeah I do think that. How else do you explain stuff like fossils? Evolution is the same process that has happened to dogs but on a much larger scale.Humans artificially select dogs for breeding until eventually you end up with something that looks like a chihuahua,which looks nothing like a wolf.Natural selection over billions of years does the same thing until you end up with species changing.Its like ageing in humans.You don't notice a human getting older every day but one day they end up looking really old.
Its a slow gradual process.In the same way you don't notice evolution because it doesn't happen in 80 or 90 years.It happens over millenia.So we don't notice it.But it still happens slowly but surely.

Hey, we all believe in different things. No need to bash each other okayy. So let's just agree u like the Big Bang theory whereas I believe in God. End of. Whats to argue about kus sorry to say u ain't gonna convert me to believeing the Big Bang is real when I have a religion that I like to follow. So thanks but no thanks.
Reply 239
Everyone has their own opinions. Thats not a crime.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts" - JP Moynihan

Simple question - could you willingly have sex with another girl? Are you sexually attracted to women?
If the answer is "no", then homosexuality is clearly not a choice. There is something that is preventing you from feeling sexually attracted to women.

Conversely, I would love to be bisexual. It would open up a whole new world of sexual possibilities. Unfortunately I can't be, because I am just not sexually attracted to men. Not at all. Despite wanting to be.

So, there we have two clear demonstrations of how homosexuality is not a choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending