The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth uni diverse?

Hi so I just got my ucat and got 2330 and a band 3, with this I can apply to Plymouth. But I’m abit uncertain as it’s 6hrs away from me. I was more worried of the lack of diversity in that uni as I’m a brown hijabi; and was just hoping if anyone knows if there’s quite a few hijabis or poc who also go there. I’m not trying to be in anyway offensive I just don’t want to feel like a stranger in a new place I’m going to. And it’s somewhere I have to spend 5yrs in so I’m hoping I can find friends that I can relate to!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I just got my ucat and got 2330 and a band 3, with this I can apply to Plymouth. But I’m abit uncertain as it’s 6hrs away from me. I was more worried of the lack of diversity in that uni as I’m a brown hijabi; and was just hoping if anyone knows if there’s quite a few hijabis or poc who also go there. I’m not trying to be in anyway offensive I just don’t want to feel like a stranger in a new place I’m going to. And it’s somewhere I have to spend 5yrs in so I’m hoping I can find friends that I can relate to!

yeah don't worry about it, plymouth looks good
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Heyy did you end up going to Plymouth? How was it?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #2
Heyy did you end up going to Plymouth? How was it?

Thank you

Hi there! 🙂

I'm a current Plymouth student and love it here. The city and university are diverse and I've met a wide range of people from different backgrounds and areas of the UK and abroad.

If you have any questions about the university or city feel free to reach out! We also have students from different courses on our Unibuddy page. 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Hi there! 🙂

I'm a current Plymouth student and love it here. The city and university are diverse and I've met a wide range of people from different backgrounds and areas of the UK and abroad.

If you have any questions about the university or city feel free to reach out! We also have students from different courses on our Unibuddy page. 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador

Hi Alfie!

Are there many hijabis there? And if so are there a large amount? And which societies do you recommend joining?
Thank you,
Original post by Alssssxx
Hi Alfie!

Are there many hijabis there? And if so are there a large amount? And which societies do you recommend joining?
Thank you,

Hi there! 🙂

There is definitely a diverse range of people from different backgrounds here at Plymouth from my experience and there are many students from different religions too. The SU offers different events and groups to help you find similar people with like-minded interests and backgrounds so I'm sure you would fit in well at the university.

As far as societies go, it really depends on what you're interested in. There are societies fairs twice a year where you can see what different options there are and they are a great opportunity to try new things and keep going with existing hobbies and interests. Check out the SU website to browse all societies available- there is something for everyone from cultural and religious groups, to sports, arts, and a variety of hobbies. I'd definitely recommend getting involved with societies to meet new people and try new things! 🙂

Best of luck and if you have any more questions, feel free to let me know or reach out to any of our Unibuddy ambassadors to hear from some other's student experiences!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending