The Student Room Group

PYA5 results!

Sooo after the huge hoohar on here in june...what did everyone get?!

In learning the issues I took a 50/50% risk with the issues and lost, so animal testing came up, which I had to blag, literally wrote a load of crap, couldn't have got more than ten marks. Same for perspectives, totally blagged them, but got full UMS, was not expecting that!

So to any ASers out there reading this, A2 psych isn't too bad. It *is* a lot of hard work but you will be rewarded as such.

What did everyone else get? I remember the huge thread with us all panicking, was tempted to bump it up as it'd be interesting to compare :tongue:
I got 98/120, despite beginning to talk about schizophrenia during the anxiety disorder question and hastily scribbling it out!
I got 120. I'm still a bit shocked considering I vaguely remember writing complete rubbish for the last section. But I'm happy!
120/120 and lmao because...my approaches answer was a JOKE...
Reply 4
Ohh interesting! I was thinking the boundaries would be really high because on here everyone said they found it really easy, but I guess nationally people didn't?

Someone on the results thread was saying aswell that they hadn't revised at all for one of the questions (same thing that happened to me!) and still got full marks.

Well, I'm def not complaining!

Well done everyone, the hard work's paid off! :smile:
Reply 5
I got full UMS too, I laughed sooooooo much because on the issues (think it's issues) I chose the question about socially sensitive research. All I knew was privacy,confidentiality and like 2 more, and just backed them up with the low IQ scores in young black youths and said how that leads to bias etc. First question I pretty much knew i'd get close to 30/30 in, but the last one for me was total blabber.

oh yeah, 1 mark off an A overall
I got 120/120. I didn't go to any of my lessons for this exam and had to teach it all to myself, because the teacher was such a joke. She also said my coursework was an A, it was a D! Still got an A overall so can't complain!
Reply 7
I got 103/120. Well pleased.

I managed to get an A in every unit, except unit 1, way back, which was a high B anyway.

Solid A overall in Psychology! :smile:
Reply 8
I got 120/120 aswell :| I wonder howww low the grade boundries were because i did alright for the first 2 sections but when i got to the debates section i had 10 minutes left so just jotted down some bullet points! Thought i did better in unit 4 but got 68 for that!
Reply 9
i only answered two of the questions and i got 110 :biggrin:

I think the boundaries are always low in psych except for the coursework where they're high
Reply 10
i got 96/120 (A) thinking i had messed it up on the reductionism question!

overall i got 5As out of 6 modules - got a C in PYA3 so a good A overall :biggrin:
Reply 11
I got 100% in PYA4 and PYA5, which is weird considering I only really answered two thirds of PYA4.
^ It's not that weird....100 UMS or in this case 90 UMS isn't 90/90 raw marks
Reply 13
Psychology was my highest grade, got all As in all 6 modules/coursework, with full marks in 3 of them. The boundaries must be really low! Def higher for coursework though because I thought I might have got full marks for that but didn't.
Reply 14
i got 86 :confused: i thought i did really well on that paper. I still got a B, and an A overall, but still, it works out to only about half marks. I definitely thought I did better than that.
I'm just happy I never have to study this ****, uninspiring subject again. :biggrin:
Reply 16
I also got 120/120 lol, i was really surprised especially since i thought i failed the approaches section
Reply 17
108/120 -- really pleased with that, because psychology was my weakest subject. i do seem to remember that i completely mucked up a section of approaches though... my experiment was totally the wrong type :s-smilie:

so i'm pretty happy with my ums.
Reply 18
I only sat one psych exam I think it unit 5, it was the out of 120 one.

I got 115/120 which was a bit spanking because I taught myself OCD the two nights before because we had crap handouts on the other topic (I think it was schizophrenia or depression)

boo-mutha****ing-yah.
Reply 19
i got a U because i wrote about schizophrenia!!! i got
38/120 10 marks of an E
but luckily i still managed 2 scrape an A in the overall Alevel

Latest