The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Psychology

To which university are you hoping to go? Manchester

To study which subject? Maths

If applicable, what were your AS grades? AABC (maths, further, psychology, chemistry respectively)

What grades are required for your desired degree? AAA

What grades are you predicted? A*AA

How are your exams going?/How did your exams go? The important exams (notably C4) went well so I should be able to get an A* in maths and further maths. Psychology is harder to tell due to it's written nature, but I finished the exam and it isn't too hard to get an A.

How are you feeling about results day? Confident about getting the grades I need, I'm more worried about how other people have done.

Original post by PlayerBB
Are you AS or A2? Resitting some exams during my gap year. (Achieved ABB during extenuating circumstances)
AS grades: AAAB in biology, maths, English lit and chem
A2 predictions: A*A*A - A*AA
What subjects are you taking? WJEC Maths, AQA Chemistry and OCR Biology (resat Chem 1,2&5, C4 maths and F215 bio)
How are your exams going? Done of them! They were all pretty decent exams (no hitler reacts were made about any of them lol) so I'll be interested to see the grade boundaries before I know exactly how well I've done :smile:
To which university are you hoping to go to? Cardiff
To study what? Pharmacy
How are you feeling about results day? pretty calm to be honest, I'm looking forward to it because I know I'll be happy regardless of what I got.
Reply 322
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Maths, F.Maths, Physics, AEA mths
To which university are you hoping to go? York
To study which subject? Maths and Physics
If applicable, what were your AS grades? AABCE
What grades are required for your desired degree? ABB
What grades are you predicted? A*AB (by school), A*AA (my feeling)
How are your exams going?/How did your exams go? went okay
How are you feeling about results day? Cant get here soon enough
Does anyone know anyone who had missed their offer by 1 ums?
Original post by emiloujess
I'll probably end up not doing it which will break my heart :frown: Yeah sure haha!

(I have found a Canadian TV show to watch on Netflix... *blushes*)

Enlighten me! What's it called? :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789

Sadly, yes.
Original post by Ayaz789

Yup.

But I also know people who got into their firm even by missing the offer by 2 grades, so :dontknow:
AS
What subjects are you taking? = French, Geography, Travel and Tourism and Economics
To which university are you hoping to go? = List of 7 so far (Birmingham, Cardiff, East Anglia, Leicester, Newcastle, Nottingham and Swansea)
To study which subject? = Modern Languages and Translation (French and Spanish)
What grades are required for your desired degree? = AAB-BBB
What grades are you predicted? ABBB
How did your exams go? =
French :smile:
Travel and Tourism :smile: Economics went much better than I was expecting
Geography :frown: :frown: :frown:
How are you feeling about results day? = I actually don't know, quite a few feelings:
- I'm hoping that when I get my results, I will be more clearer on which subject I should drop, its between Geography and Economics
- Nervous, because if I do badly now, I'm never going to do well at A2 and I'll never go to uni
- Awkwardness because many people didn't do actual exams, yet I had to sit all 4 externally, so I have to get my results with year 13s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sacred Ground
Enlighten me! What's it called? :smile:

Continuum. Basically there's a gang who travels into the past to try and stop what happens in the future but they overshoot and end up in 2012 instead of 2071. This cop also comes with them on accident and she knows what they're trying to do and she's got to stop them without anyone knowing they're from the future.

I'm not doing it much justice but it's great :biggrin:
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, Business, Economics and Law.

To what university do you want to go to?
Oxford or UCLAN or Durham.

Studying what subject? Law

What are your predicted grades?
AAAA (I'm in AS)

Best case: AAAB
Worst case: ABBC (Thank god my a levels are mostly linear)

How did your exams go?

Maths - Terrible (C1 D, C2 B, S1 A)
Law - Decent - (Law01 A, Law02 A/B)
Business - (Bus01 D, Bus02 A)
Economics - (Eco1 A, Eco2 A)

Feeling about results day?

So worried, but all i care about is my predicted grades so i can step it up next year.
Original post by emiloujess
Continuum. Basically there's a gang who travels into the past to try and stop what happens in the future but they overshoot and end up in 2012 instead of 2071. This cop also comes with them on accident and she knows what they're trying to do and she's got to stop them without anyone knowing they're from the future.

I'm not doing it much justice but it's great :biggrin:

Ah! My mam is obsessed with that show hahaha, I've caught glimpses of it now and again
Original post by Sacred Ground
Ah! My mam is obsessed with that show hahaha, I've caught glimpses of it now and again

It's well worth watching :biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf
ah yeh I know because for gender they basically repeated a question that has been asked twice before, and I do schizophrenia and basically my teacher was adamant that its going to be classification issues for the essay and so everyone made sure they knew that one, but then in the real exam they went and repeated the bio therapies one and I think lots of people would've written generic points like ' it has side effects, and are easy to use ect' and won't reach the higher marks as they didn't bother learning it. luckily i did learn all the essays so hopefully me and yourself will get good results ahah !

Yes thats what im hoping for 😃 i think schizophrenia was the easiest out of all i did, well on par with relationships.
Was able to give a clear structure and good evaluation i did put things about easiness and side effects but i explained them in detail, i had that much time left as i get extra time (dyslexic) that i even added a little about diagnostic issues and related them to drug therapy etc and had a few on ECT (old method) etc i really liked it😂😂

Good luck for results day!!!😄
Original post by Abbey15
Yes thats what im hoping for 😃 i think schizophrenia was the easiest out of all i did, well on par with relationships.
Was able to give a clear structure and good evaluation i did put things about easiness and side effects but i explained them in detail, i had that much time left as i get extra time (dyslexic) that i even added a little about diagnostic issues and related them to drug therapy etc and had a few on ECT (old method) etc i really liked it😂😂

Good luck for results day!!!😄

Ah thank you - i think i need it cause psychology is the only subject I'm actually feeling ok for but everything else I'm gonna be on the A/B boundary ; I'm just SO terrified it's unreal ahh

Hope it goes well for you - what you planning on doing next year
Original post by Ayaz789

This will be me in August ...
Are you AS or A2?

A2!

What subjects are you taking?

Economics, English Literature, History and the EPQ.

To which university are you hoping to go?

Liverpool!

To study which subject?

Egyptology with Chinese!

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

AABB (no grade for English Literature).

What grades are required for your desired degree?

ABB

What grades are you predicted?

A*AA

How are your exams going?/How did your exams go?

They were okay. Nothing spectacular, no complete disasters, either, although I am apprehensive about one English and one Economics paper.

How are you feeling about results day?

Nothing. Yet.

Anything else to add?

I really want to get AAA as a minimum. I don't think I'll get an A* in anything but I would be more annoyed if I got A*A*B than AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Ah thank you - i think i need it cause psychology is the only subject I'm actually feeling ok for but everything else I'm gonna be on the A/B boundary ; I'm just SO terrified it's unreal ahh

Hope it goes well for you - what you planning on doing next year

Im sure you will be fine! Im the opposite i think psychology will be my lowest grade, thinking ill get a B i want an A but i doubt it very much.

I intend to study History at Lancaster (AAB) but otherwise ill get into lincoln, if i dont get a B in psychology i dont deserve to go to Lancaster 😂!

How about you?
Original post by Abbey15
Im sure you will be fine! Im the opposite i think psychology will be my lowest grade, thinking ill get a B i want an A but i doubt it very much.

I intend to study History at Lancaster (AAB) but otherwise ill get into lincoln, if i dont get a B in psychology i dont deserve to go to Lancaster 😂!

How about you?

Well I'm in a bit of s sticky situation cause I need AAA for my firm ( Nottingham ) and my insurance ( Manchester ) so basically either I get in or I'm going to clearing hahaha fml - Perhaps you might just scrape an A if the boundaries go down enough :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
Well I'm in a bit of s sticky situation cause I need AAA for my firm ( Nottingham ) and my insurance ( Manchester ) so basically either I get in or I'm going to clearing hahaha fml - Perhaps you might just scrape an A if the boundaries go down enough :smile:

Oh wow i got into them two aswell 😄 haha, im sure youll do great i hear if your one grade or so off your offer and your personal statement was strong they may let you in anyway 🙄 thats what im hoping for haha, yeah we will either die when grade boundries are released or be hopeful haha 💁! Ive heard clearing isnt too much work anyway 😚

Quick Reply

Latest