The Student Room Group

Why are some people so anti-makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by velociraptor
she might just use permanent dye on eyelashes, gives the same effect.. which is still makeup

Nope. Though I'll admit to having been slightly crestfallen when I found out that her hair isn't naturally green.
Original post by LipstickKisses
Ive only come across this once or twice in person but on here, loads of people seem to hate makeup with a deep burning passion, guys and girls. Im genuinely curious about this, why would you hate it? Everyone looks better with well applied makeup. Even worse, you get the people who think they have some sort of moral high-ground for not wearing it. Erm no you don't, you just look like you cba to make an effort. So why do so many people hate it on here? I dont mind people not wearing it, I just don't see why people are so aggressively against it.

Im talking about well applied makeup, not badly caked on stuff.

because it can clog pores, smudges if it rains and for me causes spots. When i apply eye liner and mascarra at the end of the day its all under my eyes lol. Besides even when i do wear make up people still think i dont wear it and say stuff like 'why dont you wear make up it will make you look and feel a bit better' but I'l actually have it on yet still look rough, so theres no point.
Reply 502
Original post by LipstickKisses

your inbox is full and you cannot receive any more messages...in reply-

Since a few days ago now I have stopped talking about anything to do with the 28 inch backs thing. LOOK AT THE DATES OF THOSE MESSAGES.

Sincerely,
Ham.
Reply 503
It takes practice to apply makeup well, which puts some people off. It also takes a lot of money to stock up on high quality products.
Reply 504
Because makeup equals telling lies?LOL
I'm quite anti make-up simply because wearing make-up is denying others the ability to see the real me. Yeah sure, it "enhances your features" and "makes you feel like your best self" but at the end of the day IT ISN'T YOU! It denies women (and men) the ability to be confident and comfortable with their bare skin. The number of times I've had friends refuse to leave the house/be seen INDOORS "without their face on" is ridiculous. The phrase even speaks for itself: it is ANOTHER face, not YOURS. Sure, for special occasions it is nice to glam up but as an everyday "essential" I think it's BS.
Original post by Technetium
I'm quite anti make-up simply because wearing make-up is denying others the ability to see the real me. Yeah sure, it "enhances your features" and "makes you feel like your best self" but at the end of the day IT ISN'T YOU! It denies women (and men) the ability to be confident and comfortable with their bare skin. The number of times I've had friends refuse to leave the house/be seen INDOORS "without their face on" is ridiculous. The phrase even speaks for itself: it is ANOTHER face, not YOURS. Sure, for special occasions it is nice to glam up but as an everyday "essential" I think it's BS.

Original post by Vikingninja

Lol; I didn't even realise that this thread was THAT old. It came up as I was browsing the Fashion and Beauty section!

My bad

I don't get this, is wearing clothes denying people the real me? Is washing denying people the real me? Why is a choice to apply make up denying the realism of someone?
Original post by Virgili
I don't get this, is wearing clothes denying people the real me? Is washing denying people the real me? Why is a choice to apply make up denying the realism of someone?

Wearing clothes is entirely different; you NEED them to protect your body and besides unless you wear shapewear 24/7 there's no deception when you wear clothing...
Mate; that's how you know TSR is dead if you have to revive old threads.
It's scary how any girl with decent make-up skills can look good.....
Just a bit shocking how makeup can take someone from being a 2 to a 10
I don't mind when a girl puts on a bit of makeup like some small eyeliner or something as sometimes It can make them look slightly better but when a woman comes in with a face that is caked in makeup with false eyelashes I just feel disgusted for one it is a deception and it is basically saying I am too insecure about myself that I need to hide everything and it costs so much money
Reply 514
A proper makeup will make your perfect,but not much. i think a good dress is important for your looks. If you have an important events, those stars at red carpet attach much importance to their gown.About introduction of best formal dresses online in vogue at my fashion blog: http://www.dressesmallau.co/blog/

However, some people may be wearing it to cover acne. I suffer with a few spots and only wear make up to cover them as I feel very self conscious about them. I do not agree that wearing make up is bad because people should be able to do whatever they want to feel comfortable in their own body at the end of the day
I don't hate makeup as I wear lipstick and mascara, what I hate is when people who wear makeup complain about the fact they have bad skin when we all know their skin was fine 2-3 years ago, before they started wearing makeup. Also if you wear too much makeup everyday then it ages you so much quicker. My mum has only ever worn lipstick and is 56 and looks younger than her friend who is 50 and plasters on the makeup to hide her age. I think hating makeup is too far as most girls and some guys will wear makeup and to some people makeup is an art, but if you're going to plaster your face in concelar and foundation, don't come crying to me if you have bad skin.

oooh I like your thinking as I completely agree, like people should be confident in their own skin not feel the need to change for society...
My room mate is constantly on my case about my make up, drives me insane. It shouldn't matter to anyone but myself.
Reply 519
It's just a matter of personal preference. I like the look of makeup and I don't mind putting it on occasionally but I hate the feeling of it on my face. (I know it doesn't make sense but whatever)

Quick Reply

Latest