The Student Room Group

Am I just an introvert or just weird

idk if i’m just very anti social and introverted or just weird.
My friends like to hang outside of school bc they claim that we don’t see eachother often. But i don’t understand this because we see eachother at school, around school, during lunchtime. I’m in some classes with some of them, so i don’t understand why they want to keep meeting up like this. I can never be bothered meeting up, i’ll only go if it’s like an end of term event, someone’s birthday or a massive party but apart from that i don’t see why i have to go.
I can easily just stay at home for weeks without feeling the need to text or call someone or even have the urge to meet up with someone but this isn’t the case with my friends. Some of them claim to be introverts but they still want to go out and party so idk if i just have the wrong definition of being an introvert or they are just not introverts. idk i just feel like something is wrong with me because everyone around me seems like they want to be with eachother more and more but i just don’t want that. I know i should be grateful to have friends like this bc at least they make an effort but i just can’t comprehend why they do it
I'm an introvert (probably the extreme end) and I'm the same
Reply 2
dw ur definitely just an introvert not weird
im an extrovert (probs at the extreme end of extroversion) cuz my social battery just NEVER runs out, but alot of my friends are quite introverted so i get that they dont always wanna hang out or talk or go to parties and stuff, cuz its the way they are
however i do get the how ur friends just want to hang out cuz its fun yk, and u can do silly things, but maybe just explain to them that sometimes u need a breather and want a break and if they're real friends then they'll understand (cuz sometimes us extroverts don't rlly comprehend not everyone is like us and not everyone wants to see or talk to each other 24/7😅)
ik alot of ppl that are intoverted and like u(one being my own mother) so i dont think u shud stress too much
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
My friends like to hang outside of school bc they claim that we don’t see eachother often. But i don’t understand this because we see eachother at school, around school, during lunchtime. I’m in some classes with some of them, so i don’t understand why they want to keep meeting up like this. I can never be bothered meeting up, i’ll only go if it’s like an end of term event, someone’s birthday or a massive party but apart from that i don’t see why i have to go.
I can easily just stay at home for weeks without feeling the need to text or call someone or even have the urge to meet up with someone but this isn’t the case with my friends. Some of them claim to be introverts but they still want to go out and party so idk if i just have the wrong definition of being an introvert or they are just not introverts. idk i just feel like something is wrong with me because everyone around me seems like they want to be with eachother more and more but i just don’t want that. I know i should be grateful to have friends like this bc at least they make an effort but i just can’t comprehend why they do it

Lil bit of an older view on this for you.
Though i was similar, and still am im much more of a homey oerson than going out. But you say you see them all day at school so whays the point seeing them outside of school.
People are different in and outside school. In school (or work when your older) is so much different to seeing mates outside as you are more relaxed not in that environment, you are able to chill out more and be yourself, and dont feel you have to be good incase a teacher walks past.
Why dont you meet up with them outside of school just every so often, not every time at all, maybe a few times a month even to get to know them more outside of school and not just at partys. Again meeting a couple of mates is so different to going to a party or whatever.

You're just very introverted. I am the same tbh. To some people it can come off as a bit cold to not want to hang out outside of school hours - but honestly its your time, do whatever you want with it.

Just don't live with any regrets.
Reply 5

I totally get this, I'm the exact same. I'm not anti social by any means but really I just have a low social battery most days and enjoy a lot of time by myself because I'm always with friends 5 times a day at school. You're not weird, just introverted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending