The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What about all those free kicks. Bloody great stuff.
Original post by SA-1
This is what I mean.

We've put in a €35m bid in for Lacazzette and it's probably pissed Lyon off. That's like 15m under what they want for him. This is why we lose out on transfers. & since Lyon just made it public, we probably won't bid again since Wenger likes his transfers done silently.

**** sakes

U mad
Scenes when he signs for Spurs for €36m
Original post by SA-1
This is what I mean.

We've put in a €35m bid in for Lacazzette and it's probably pissed Lyon off. That's like 15m under what they want for him. This is why we lose out on transfers. & since Lyon just made it public, we probably won't bid again since Wenger likes his transfers done silently.

**** sakes

love it how west ham bid 31m in may.. and had it rejected..

Wenger is just sitting there thinking 'I bet they will accept 29?'

--

to be fair though, its a good sign to actually have a confirmed bit on a decent (although not top class) striker..
Reply 8664
Wenger is a ****ing parasite.
Original post by SA-1
This is what I mean.

**** sakes

£29,000,001
Your manager is such a beta in the transfer market
Original post by fallen_acorns

--

to be fair though, its a good sign to actually have a confirmed bit on a decent (although not top class) striker..

nah i'm pretty sure our bids are being rejected left, right and centre because we're Arsenal ("the least ambitious club in the world") and having bids for "decent" players rejected will only reinforce the stereotype. One that will linger on after Arsene departs
Wenger trying to be slick but another royal **** up.
Original post by Lúcio
Would've preferred him playing against Liverpool tbh!

Mané vs Mertesacker would've been tasty :colone:

Did no one catch the pun?!
Lacazette could not even beat Giroud to a first team place in France, I don't believe the hype.

Mustafi seems like a more interesting prospective signing.
(edited 7 years ago)

--

Player more likely to push for a move to Arsenal though? Maybe Wenger forgot that the exchange rate went against the GBP? :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Player more likely to push for a move to Arsenal though? Maybe Wenger forgot that the exchange rate went against the GBP? :colondollar:

Wenger is the type of bloke that stands in the middle of the supermarket for 10 minutes deciding whether he wants the box of grapes or the bag of grapes... He examines them intently: debating over their price, fit and thinking about the weekly budget. Squidgy or crunchy?? Hmmm. In the end he carefully places both back down to their respective shelves. He walks briskly away. He buys neither and he has just wasted 10 minutes of his life that he will never get back. However, the week after, the month after, the year after... he does it all again. They will never go below £2 again.
(edited 7 years ago)
75 mil for higuain.. no ****ing wonder wenger bowed out early..

Seems like a huge amount for me. is that the 3rd most expensive player ever?

Soon to be 4th it seems.. juve splashing that pogba money already..

Wenger still on the phone with a low-level napoli office worker telling him that higuain is only worth 19mil...
75 mil for higuain.. no ****ing wonder wenger bowed out early..

Seems like a huge amount for me. is that the 3rd most expensive player ever?

Soon to be 4th it seems.. juve splashing that pogba money already..

Wenger still on the phone with a low-level napoli office worker telling him that higuain is only worth 19mil...

Damn sounds like £75mil (90mil euros). Not cheap at all but if Wenger isn't going to buy anyone else, would it have been terrible to spend that money on Higuain? Bit old at 28 but as shown by RVP, he could've won you a title or two..
The reason Wenger is not up to winning the league anymore is also (along with his ineptitude in the transfer market) because the PL has changed a lot since he first took charge. The managers and players all across the league are a lot better, tactics are a lot smarter... Wenger has not really moved as quickly with the times. Guys been left behind.
Original post by Zerforax
Damn sounds like £75mil (90mil euros). Not cheap at all but if Wenger isn't going to buy anyone else, would it have been terrible to spend that money on Higuain? Bit old at 28 but as shown by RVP, he could've won you a title or two..

never terrible to spend money on quality if you can afford too..

How good is higuain though? Dont follow the Italian league at all.. and every time I have seen him play he has just been a bit bland.
Original post by James.Carnell
The reason Wenger is not up to winning the league anymore is also (along with his ineptitude in the transfer market) because the PL has changed a lot since he first took charge. The managers and players all across the league are a lot better, tactics are a lot smarter... Wenger has not really moved as quickly with the times. Guys been left behind.

we knew that since 2011. Wenger won't be forced out until we lose to a team managed by a dentist :wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
we knew that since 2011. Wenger won't be forced out until we lose to a team managed by a dentist :wink:

If anything I think Wenger punched above his weight last season.

--

Well, Sky are saying we tabled that bid in May before West Ham but Lyon are only saying it now because Napoli are in the market for a striker and have 75mil to spend. Trying to start a bidding war I would guess.
Original post by shawn_o1
nah i'm pretty sure our bids are being rejected left, right and centre because we're Arsenal ("the least ambitious club in the world":wink: and having bids for "decent" players rejected will only reinforce the stereotype. One that will linger on after Arsene departs

Or perhaps it is because they know we are in need of a striker and that we have the cash. Or perhaps more likely, we aren't actually bidding for these players (other than Lacazette) and it's just people on twitter making it all up

Latest