Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Hi Katie

Thanks for your response

I've been wondering how rhul is for students who live a few hours away? What are the people who go there like? If you could please include information about the economics department, i hear it's really good.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous 14
Hi Katie

Thanks for your response

I've been wondering how rhul is for students who live a few hours away? What are the people who go there like? If you could please include information about the economics department, i hear it's really good.

Hi,

Firstly, just to clarify, are you planning on living on campus/in the local area or commuting from a few hours away?

In terms of the students who go here, they tend to make friends quickly as we are a small, campus university with a tight-knit student community. We also have a wide range of student run sports clubs and societies, so you're bound to meet others who share the same interests that you do. You can find out more online about our sports clubs and societies.

For information regarding the Economics Department at Royal Holloway, the best way to find out more about it would be by taking a look at their Departmental prospectus.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope this helps,

Katie
Reply 162
Original post by Anonymous 14
Hi Katie

Thanks for your response

Commuting a couple of hours to campus every day won't be fun but is manageable if you're really determined. Also, the people who to Holloway are very varied (as they are at any university). I would try and describe them (quite white, I guess? But also very international. Middle class, maybe? But there are lots of people from all backgrounds) but there really isn't a generic 'type' of student that goes to Holloway.
hi there!!!

i was looking for scholarships and so on but i haven't still understood my fees status :frown:((

on my page i saw

Fee Region Overseas

but what does this mean? Do I have to pay an European Fee (£9.000) or an International Fee??

I live in Italy since always, I was born in Brazil but I was 3 yo when I moved here to Italy
Original post by vito97
hi there!!!

i was looking for scholarships and so on but i haven't still understood my fees status :frown:((

on my page i saw

Fee Region Overseas

but what does this mean? Do I have to pay an European Fee (£9.000) or an International Fee??

I live in Italy since always, I was born in Brazil but I was 3 yo when I moved here to Italy

Hi there,

An overseas fee region means you would be paying international fees. Home/EU students pay the same fee of £9,000.

If you would like to inquire about your fee status you can get in touch with our Admissions Office on +44 (0)1784 414944.

Best wishes,

Emily
Does royal Halloway look at a2 resits? I did maths in a year but feel as though my a2 exams didn't go well at all and thus am considering resiting a2.

As well as that, do they accept native languages in their offer?

Thank you
Original post by Maphec
Does royal Halloway look at a2 resits? I did maths in a year but feel as though my a2 exams didn't go well at all and thus am considering resiting a2.

As well as that, do they accept native languages in their offer?

Thank you

Hi there,

No we don't look at whether or not you achieved your grades by a resit. As long as your predicted grades meet our standard entry requirements, we can consider making you an offer.

We also do accept native languages as a subject, but your other A-levels need to meet any other subject-specific requirements.

Best wishes,

Emily
Sorry for the misunderstanding, regarding the native language a level, would that be part of the three a level offer or just recognised as an additional/fourth a level?

Thank you
Amy
Original post by Maphec
Sorry for the misunderstanding, regarding the native language a level, would that be part of the three a level offer or just recognised as an additional/fourth a level?

Thank you
Amy

Hi Amy,

It would be part of the three A level offer, however if the programme you're applying for requires certain grades in certain subjects, you would need those subjects on top of your language A level as well.

For example, our Computer Science programme requires ABB including Maths or Physics or Computing, you would need an A or a B in at least one of those subjects, and the other A levels can be made up of another subject, including a language A level.

I hope that clears things up.

Best,

Emily
go.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending