The Student Room Group

What things do you want to see made legal/illegal?

Pretty self-explanatory. Feel free to share anything in terms of your morals, values and beliefs that conflict with the current legal system in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

id like to see weed made legal, not for any personal love of the stuff but its a disgrace the amount of resources that are being funnelled into clamping down on it when they could go on far more worthy causes...
Reply 2
Legalize:

- Cannabis
- Psilocybin
- Activities surrounding prostitution (i.e. make it safer for the women by allowing more than one to work in the same premises, regulated etc)
- Euthanasia
- Ecstasy
- Gay marriage

Criminalize:

- Tobacco - a drug with no benefits and many harms
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by No Future
Legalize:

- Cannabis
- Psilocybin
- Activities surrounding prostitution (i.e. make it safer for the women by allowing more than one to work in the same premises, regulated etc)

Criminalize:

Logically, you would also want alcohol illegal as well, an LSD, ecstacy, MDMA and DMT should be legal, according to you're logic.
Reply 4
I would love to see smoking while driving made illegal.....can't see how it is any different to eating while driving tbh
Reply 5
Any sort of Jegging, mini-skirt or micro-short above size 14 should be made illegal.
Reply 6
Original post by prog2djent
Logically, you would also want alcohol illegal as well, an LSD, ecstacy, MDMA and DMT should be legal, according to you're logic.

MDMA and ecstasy are the same thing and yes they should be legal.

LSD and DMT idk.

Alcohol has some positives. I think it should remain legal.
Reply 7
Legalise: free speech.
Reply 8
Squatting made illegal please.
Legalize:

- Cannabis
- Psilocybin

Criminalize:

I agree on the legalisation of cannabis, but outlawing tobacco? How is that consistent?
Has to be euthanasia, a sensible drugs policy and prostitution.
I'd love to see the release of people originally given a life sentance in prison made illegal. Life should mean life, not 25 years.
Reply 12
I'd like to see chewing with your mouth open made illegal and preferably punishable by death. Other than that I'm easy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Make weed legal please!
Original post by TurboCretin
I agree on the legalisation of cannabis, but outlawing tobacco? How is that consistent?

I suppose cannabis can be used less destructively - eg eaten, whereas tobacco is pretty much always smoked, and the second-hand smoke is bad too. I do think there's a discrepancy with tobacco and cannabis, either they should both be legal or illegal.
Euthanasia - legal
Smoking around kids or in public - illegal
Reply 16
Legalize:

- Cannabis
- Psilocybin

Criminalize:

Legalize cannabis, Criminalize tobacco? They are both just as bad for your lungs. People have gotten confused and think that some scientists are advocating the legalization of cannabis because it's not bad for you or even good for you. No. The rationale of David Nutt and co is cannabis is no worse for you than cigarrettes or alcohol so it may as well be legal.
Original post by Multitalented me
Pretty self-explanatory. Feel free to share anything in terms of your morals, values and beliefs that conflict with the current legal system in the UK?

piracy of movies,books etc.
Legalize:

Criminalize:

you want selling yourself for money to be legalised but tobacco to be made illegal?:curious: please expand on this?
Reply 19
Original post by Productoflabour
Has to be euthanasia, a sensible drugs policy and prostitution.

Do you not see that as a slippery slope? I mean active involuntary euthanasia is basically just murder, is it not? And how many murders could be claimed to be assisted suicides?

I suppose people who want to die can ask to die and the courts could make a decision for them perhaps? i suppose that deals with those who want to die who are not in a good enough mental state to make that decision could be dealt with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending