The Student Room Group

thoughts on 19 yo girl dating 17yo guy??

What are your gut reactions to an older girl asking out a younger guy? Seems a bit uno reverse. I feel like a saddo for having a crush on a younger boy. Also i'm a virgin and doing it for the first time with someone younger than me feels weird to me (esp cos i think he's done it before)
I mean both are 16+ so it’s legal in the UK as long as not in a position of trust (so a teacher, police officer), and no nudes are exchanged as the legal age for that is 18.
it's legal, and it passes the half add 7 test, so it should probably be ok so long as you don't send or ask for nudes and things like that (which are 18+ to send or receive)
Fine- as long as there is nothing illegal going on, mutual attraction and both people are happy together.

I wouldn't do it myself though and don't know many 19 year old females who would consider doing so.
I've never been attracted to teenage guys or those in their 20s.
Original post by spammbo
it passes the half add 7 test

the only true way to judge if something is ok
so a 2 year old can date an 8 year old
Reply 5
Original post by probably_sane

It's only a sensible indicator for young adults. Obviously the one you mentioned is an outlier on the younger end, but in the OP's situation it aligns well with what they think and what others have commented. I'm 19 too and I wouldn't date anyone under 17. The test is only really worth using to reinforce something you've thought of elsewhere - most people can tell if an age gap is too big instinctively.
Original post by Anonymous
What are your gut reactions to an older girl asking out a younger guy? Seems a bit uno reverse. I feel like a saddo for having a crush on a younger boy. Also i'm a virgin and doing it for the first time with someone younger than me feels weird to me (esp cos i think he's done it before)

Perfectly fine. You should ask him out.
Reply 7
Original post by probably_sane

the full rule includes that if you get an age older than you, you're too young to be dating lol
Original post by spammbo
the full rule includes that if you get an age older than you, you're too young to be dating lol

fair enough
I see no issues with it at all tbh. I dated a 28 year old when I was 18 and at college. Felt fine and neither of us were bothered by the difference while things lasted. Gf befroe her was 19 when I was 17, again no issues.

Do what makes you happy if it's within the law.

Edited for typos and spelling.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending