The Student Room Group

Am I allowed to book a hotel room and get condoms at 15?

Am I allowed to get condoms at 15?
Reply 1

I hope you're not allowed to do either. What's the rush? What are you doing now that you can't do when you're a little older? If you have to sneak around this much to do something, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Go and watch a movie.
Reply 2
I think you have to be 18 to book a room in the hotel ...
Reply 3
You can do both… the problem more with the hotel room is that you’ll need a card to pay for it and that’s normally only available when older.

But, why the rush? It feels like you’re being pressured or pressuring yourself to do stuff which isn’t yet legal.
Original post by DocCyber
You can do both… the problem more with the hotel room is that you’ll need a card to pay for it and that’s normally only available when older.

But, why the rush? It feels like you’re being pressured or pressuring yourself to do stuff which isn’t yet legal.

No you can't. You need to be 18 (or have someone else in the room who is 18 or older) to stay in a hotel.
OP, no one's looking to have sex with you so stop kidding yourself. Stop thinking about condoms and hotel rooms and get back to revising for your GCSEs.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
OP, no one's looking to have sex with you so stop kidding yourself. Stop thinking about condoms and hotel rooms and get back to revising for your GCSEs.

Damn that's harsh, but they're right, OP.
Don't rush into intimate stuff. You're only 15.
Think about intercourse once you've been accepted and situated into a prestigious uni.

Why risk it right now and ruin your life? I had friends like you during GCSEs, ones a mother and the other dropped out cuz they were too busy doing stuff other than studying (if ygm?)

Right now, your only focus should be getting 7s-9s in your GCSEs and getting into a good 6th with good prospectives.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Damn that's harsh, but they're right, OP.
Don't rush into intimate stuff. You're only 15.
Think about intercourse once you've been accepted and situated into a prestigious uni.

Why risk it right now and ruin your life? I had friends like you during GCSEs, ones a mother and the other dropped out cuz they were too busy doing stuff other than studying (if ygm?)

Right now, your only focus should be getting 7s-9s in your GCSEs and getting into a good 6th with good prospectives.

Exactly, As, not Ds.
Original post by DalSegno
Am I allowed to get condoms at 15?

Most hotels have a policie that the person whos name is under the booking and is checking in is atleast 18 years old. I know that Premierr Inn, all people checking into the room must be atleast 18 with proof of ID. Where as with Travel Lodge, aslong as the person who booked the room and is checking in is 18 the age of any other guests does not matter. For the condoms, there is no age requirment to purchase contraceptive in the UK, i would recomend going to a supermarket and then going to self checkout if youre too shy. Also make sure you know what size condoms you need, it is important that the condom fits to prevent breaks if its too small, or leaks and slipping off if its too big.
Original post by Anonymous4769

Most hotels have a policie that the person whos name is under the booking and is checking in is atleast 18 years old. I know that Premierr Inn, all people checking into the room must be atleast 18 with proof of ID. Where as with Travel Lodge, aslong as the person who booked the room and is checking in is 18 the age of any other guests does not matter. For the condoms, there is no age requirment to purchase contraceptive in the UK, i would recomend going to a supermarket and then going to self checkout if youre too shy. Also make sure you know what size condoms you need, it is important that the condom fits to prevent breaks if its too small, or leaks and slipping off if its too big.

Why r u even helping her wat in the hell, she's a literal child wanting to ruin her life and you're encouraging her?!
Original post by limbobimbo
Why r u even helping her wat in the hell, she's a literal child wanting to ruin her life and you're encouraging her?!

Because at such an age, its quite common to be un-educated on such topics that society deems as "taboo". i neither encouraging or discourging them from doing so. I am simply answering their question as it is safer the know the facts of topics such as this than not knowing, going in blind, and making foolish mistakes due to the simple fact of not knowing what to do or how to do so safley and getting shouted at by strangers online who arnt helping the situation by pushing their personal belifes on a pubesent teenager. Its natural to be curiouse and simply wanting to know, its not any of our places to tell them what they should and shouldnt be doing with their lifes seeming as we dont know them. Giving honest recomendations is one thing, but bombarding with unescisarry negativety is another.

Because at such an age, its quite common to be un-educated on such topics that society deems as "taboo". i neither encouraging or discourging them from doing so. I am simply answering their question as it is safer the know the facts of topics such as this than not knowing, going in blind, and making foolish mistakes due to the simple fact of not knowing what to do or how to do so safley and getting shouted at by strangers online who arnt helping the situation by pushing their personal belifes on a pubesent teenager. Its natural to be curiouse and simply wanting to know, its not any of our places to tell them what they should and shouldnt be doing with their lifes seeming as we dont know them. Giving honest recomendations is one thing, but bombarding with unescisarry negativety is another.

No you're definitely encouraging OP to buy a condom and have potential sex as shown by you literally saying 'make sure what size you need'. In no way in that post that you made did you once tell OP to NOT have sex at such a young age, the hotel info also seems like your encouraging her to have sex.

You're not educating her to not have sex, you're just telling her how to have safe sex (which is obviously good) but don't encourage it??
No you're definitely encouraging OP to buy a condom and have potential sex as shown by you literally saying 'make sure what size you need'. In no way in that post that you made did you once tell OP to NOT have sex at such a young age, the hotel info also seems like your encouraging her to have sex.

You're not educating her to not have sex, you're just telling her how to have safe sex (which is obviously good) but don't encourage it??

Again, i didnt tell OP excplicitly to do it, or not to. I simply answered their question and gave them important information that is commonly oversighted about condoms, if you disagree, unfollow this thread "LimboBimbo".

Again, i didnt tell OP excplicitly to do it, or not to. I simply answered their question and gave them important information that is commonly oversighted about condoms, if you disagree, unfollow this thread "LimboBimbo".

Idk what you thought u did there by quoting my name, gee thanks didn't know my username there for a sec.

Also, while yes answering her question is a reasonable thing to do, as a responsible adult how can you NOT discourage the act of under age sex?
Like what went through your head when u decided to post that? That your doing OP a favour by telling her how to have protected sex? Wow such a great thing to do! So commendable!

Srsly 😬

Idk what you thought u did there by quoting my name, gee thanks didn't know my username there for a sec.

Also, while yes answering her question is a reasonable thing to do, as a responsible adult how can you NOT discourage the act of under age sex?
Like what went through your head when u decided to post that? That your doing OP a favour by telling her how to have protected sex? Wow such a great thing to do! So commendable!

Srsly 😬
Its not like OP can get a hotel room anyway, as theyre 15 so if they know how to or not, they cant.
^ OP is 15 so encouraging any action which will directly lead to sex (like you telling them to buy condoms and make sure they know what size they are) is the endorsement of child abuse as it's literally illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to have sex. And if the other person can book a hotel it means they're 18+ and so 18+ having sex with a 15-year-old is paedophilia.
^ OP is 15 so encouraging any action which will directly lead to sex (like you telling them to buy condoms and make sure they know what size they are) is the endorsement of child abuse as it's literally illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to have sex. And if the other person can book a hotel it means they're 18+ and so 18+ having sex with a 15-year-old is paedophilia.

We don't know OPS circumstances, it could be a high school partner. Obviously I don't condone anyone under the age of 16 having sex but we as strangers online cannot stop them so if they do decide to, which I hope they don't jts better they're atleast safe, if there is another person who is of age and op is 15 I cannot condone and will be very concerned but seems as we don't actually know I'm just wanting to educate. 🙂
We don't know OPS circumstances, it could be a high school partner. Obviously I don't condone anyone under the age of 16 having sex but we as strangers online cannot stop them so if they do decide to, which I hope they don't jts better they're atleast safe, if there is another person who is of age and op is 15 I cannot condone and will be very concerned but seems as we don't actually know I'm just wanting to educate. 🙂

If the other person is underage then they couldn’t book the hotel. And btw, it’s still illegal for two underage people to have sex. Granted, the police don’t care about it if both are underage as they know it happens a lot but the point still stands that you shouldn’t be offering advice of any kind that could be seen as encouraging or promoting a 15-year-old to engage in sexual activity, as you would be encouraging a pretty serious and illegal act.
(edited 5 months ago)

If the other person is underage then they couldn’t book the hotel. And btw, it’s still illegal for two underage people to have sex. Granted, the police don’t care about it if both are underage as they know it happens a lot but the point still stands that you shouldn’t be offering advice of any kind that could be seen as encouraging or promoting a 15-year-old to engage in sexual activity.

Spoke facts idk why anonymous4769 cant understand T-T
Original post by Anonymous #1
Spoke facts idk why anonymous4769 cant understand T-T

Well they repped my comment so I think they understand it now.

Quick Reply

Latest