The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Jakez123
as far as i know you've said all marking points, i think the mast cells/histamines and mucus bits are just extra information although i'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: i realized that it might depend on the number of marks you can achieve on the question, maybe if it was a 6 mark question you would talk about everything about how mast cells produce/secrete histamines which cause inflammation

Yeah i'll just make it up if it does. I've never seen a 6 marker for asthma, but anything is possible I guess :smile:x
Reply 81
Original post by britash
Yeah i'll just make it up if it does. I've never seen a 6 marker for asthma, but anything is possible I guess :smile:x

What do you think the 2 5 mark questions are going to be about?
Reply 82
What do you think the 2 5 mark questions are going to be about?

Honestly could be anything.
I'd have a wild guess and say.. lung diseases and absorption of starch or something to do with small intestine absorption.

I'm also *pretty* sure we will get something on ultracentrifugation, as its not come up on the past few papers :smile: x
Reply 83
Original post by britash
Honestly could be anything.
I'd have a wild guess and say.. lung diseases and absorption of starch or something to do with small intestine absorption.

I'm also *pretty* sure we will get something on ultracentrifugation, as its not come up on the past few papers :smile: x

What's ultracentrifugation?
Reply 84
What's ultracentrifugation?

When you homogenise a cell to release its organelles. Then filter is to remove cell debris and completely cells.
Then put it in buffered, isotonic, ice-cold solution and spin it in the centrifuge.. etc etc.
It's pg 41 in your text book x
Reply 85
Original post by britash
When you homogenise a cell to release its organelles. Then filter is to remove cell debris and completely cells.
Then put it in buffered, isotonic, ice-cold solution and spin it in the centrifuge.. etc etc.
It's pg 41 in your text book x

Oh, it seems that i knew what it was, it's just that i call it "homogenised centrifugation" which lead to a misunderstanding. Sorry.
Reply 86
Oh, it seems that i knew what it was, it's just that i call it "homogenised centrifugation" which lead to a misunderstanding. Sorry.

No worries :smile:
Still, i'm pretty sure its going to come up.
I hope so anyway, its easy marks :biggrin:
Does any 1 have a PDF version of a biology book preferably the Nelson Thornes 1, because i lost mine :facepalm: and don't wanna have to buy it?
Reply 88
Original post by AAA_
Does any 1 have a PDF version of a biology book preferably the Nelson Thornes 1, because i lost mine :facepalm: and don't wanna have to buy it?

The susan and glenn toole one?
Original post by britash
The susan and glenn toole one?

Yhh thats the 1. Do u have it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Anyone got a pulmonary fibrosis mark scheme?
I seem to have two for emphysema... but none for pulmonary fibrosis :frown:
Reply 91
Original post by AAA_
Yhh thats the 1. Do u have it?

Nope. I dont see how you could even get a pdf copy to be honest :/
Try the Nelson thornes website, they might do e-books or something ? x
Reply 92
Hi everyone ! Any prediction on what they could ask us for the 2 (5 marks) questions at the end of the paper ? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by BelMa
Hi everyone ! Any prediction on what they could ask us for the 2 5 marks questions at the end of the paper ? :smile:

*pokes previous posts*
I reckon...
Something on the lung diseases.. like emphysema or something.
Also something to do with absorption of starch or how the epithelial cell is adapted for absorption..
Reply 94
Original post by thescientist17
Oh no :frown: there is so much to learn though, so many little details. Well at least it'll all be over soon. What other subjects are you taking?

Biology psychology sociology and philosophy. You?
Reply 95
Original post by britash
*pokes previous posts*
I reckon...
Also something to do with absorption of starch or how the epithelial cell is adapted for absorption..

These have already come up..
Reply 96
Original post by AAA_

If your school has a Kerboodle subscription and you've got a login, you may be able to find bits on there? Otherwise your best bet would be a library.
Original post by britash
Nope. I dont see how you could even get a pdf copy to be honest :/
Try the Nelson thornes website, they might do e-books or something ? x

No worries n ill try that.
Reply 98
Original post by britash
*pokes previous posts*
I reckon...

Yeah thats what I also thinking because they didnt come up in Jan.And maybe also something on heart diseases ?! I'hv got difficulties on how to word my answers. Do think I should make notes from the mark scheme ? I dont know what to do anymore :frown:
Reply 99
The digestive system and Carbohydrate digestion anyone please? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending