The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
firmed notts for maths and management - anyone else on the course? I've heard there's only 9 spaces so probably not!

also got my offer for accommodation at, SPC anybody else there? :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 841
Anyone staying at Peverell block C?? :smile:
Original post by JosieG
firmed notts for maths and management - anyone else on the course? I've heard there's only 9 spaces so probably not!

also got my offer for accommodation at, SPC anybody else there? :smile:

Hi!! OMG i'm looking to study maths and management at nottingham too! and i just sent off my accomodation application form yesterday and booked St Peters Court! :bban:
Anyone studying Nursing & staying at Raleigh Park? :biggrin:
Here's a link to the official firmer FB group if anyone's not found it yet:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/122326797896749/

There's also links to a group for every Hall in the 'About' section

Cya in September!!
Reply 845
Original post by oliviagunapalan
Hey, it's alright, I can't even remember what I was reply to either! XD I've sorted out my accommodation, got a shared ensuite in Willoughby. What about you?

I have a standard en suite in Broadgate :smile: Whereabouts are you from?
Original post by chand1171
I have a standard en suite in Broadgate :smile: Whereabouts are you from?

I'm from Malaysia! :smile:
Reply 847
Got unconditional for Finance, Accounting and Management :rolleyes:
Original post by BeccaAnne94

Hey, I'm studying Mental Health Nursing - can't decide on accommodation yet though! Any tips?! xxx
Original post by karateworm
I'm typing this from a shared bathroom room in Lenton and Wortley, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Since you're already in Nottingham, I wanted to ask.. How does the printing system work (in the libraries or computer labs etc)?

Like in my college, we had a student card with some money preloaded and when we printed stuff we had to key in our student ID and it would deduct our cash from there. Is it like this in Nottingham?

Also do people normally have printers in their room?
Original post by d-maryellen.
Hey, I'm studying Mental Health Nursing - can't decide on accommodation yet though! Any tips?! xxx

I did a pros and cons list because I couldn't choose between Broadgate and Raleigh Park :smile:.

I think the thing that won it in the end is that Raleigh is between the 2 hospitals and it's the cheapest accommodation :smile:.

Let me know when you've decided!
Reply 851
Original post by Victoriiia:)
Hey, I'm in L&W too :smile: what course are you doing ?x

Hey :smile:
Im going to be studying psychology and cognitive neuroscience, what about you? :smile: x
Anyone else doing the Masters of Nursing Science course?
I am staying at Broadgate Park single room :smile:
Since you're already in Nottingham, I wanted to ask.. How does the printing system work (in the libraries or computer labs etc)?

Like in my college, we had a student card with some money preloaded and when we printed stuff we had to key in our student ID and it would deduct our cash from there. Is it like this in Nottingham?

Also do people normally have printers in their room?

It's pretty simple. Your printer credits operate through your University Card (it also gives you access to certain buildings/has your lunch money on it). I always do my printing in the library, how it works there is that if you select print on any computer on the network then it's lined up on your account. You go to one of the printers and scan your Uni card on the side... once you've logged in, the document you're printing should be on the screen ready to go.

I've almost reached the end of my first year and I haven't needed to buy any more credits, so they do give you a fair amount.

In terms of using a printer in your room, yes that's perfectly acceptable... two of my friends have them.
Reply 854
Original post by rachaelmxxx
Anyone else doing the Masters of Nursing Science course?
I am staying at Broadgate Park single room :smile:

Me hopefully! (if I get the grades) :smile: well that's my firm choice, but my insurance is the bsc nursing course at nottingham, I'm thinking about applying to Broadgate Park too but with an ensuite, I can't wait :smile:
It's pretty simple. Your printer credits operate through your University Card (it also gives you access to certain buildings/has your lunch money on it). I always do my printing in the library, how it works there is that if you select print on any computer on the network then it's lined up on your account. You go to one of the printers and scan your Uni card on the side... once you've logged in, the document you're printing should be on the screen ready to go.

I've almost reached the end of my first year and I haven't needed to buy any more credits, so they do give you a fair amount.

In terms of using a printer in your room, yes that's perfectly acceptable... two of my friends have them.

Thanks!

Wow it can print from any computer on the network? Does it include like your laptop if it's connected to the university network or is it just the uni computers that can do this? Also, how much credit do you get a year?
Thanks!

Wow it can print from any computer on the network? Does it include like your laptop if it's connected to the university network or is it just the uni computers that can do this? Also, how much credit do you get a year?

Yep, you can connect to the library's wireless network with your laptop and it's all gravy :smile:

I can't tell you how many credits, but it's a fair amount. The prices for buying the credits are on here:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/it/print-copy-scan.aspx

Hope that helps, if you've any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Original post by cberrada
Hiii :smile: I accepted my offer of a one bedroom flat at L&W. Do you know anything about them? Also, any information you could give about the hall in general would be much appreciated. xx

I don't know about the flats, I've never been in one. I can tell you about the hall in general though:

1. Room are good... thick walls, big size... decent enough bathrooms.
2. It's a fairly good place, 5-10 minute walk to Portland (shops and stuff), 10 minutes to all the science stuff, 5-10 minutes to the Sports Centre.
3. Food is not bad - has some duff days (Chinese tonight is god awful :|) but it can be really, really nice. You get a pudding each night too, which is cool.
4. The Warden is a total boss. Really nice, really cool, really funny - I want to have hetrosexual man love with him.
5. Noise... is a bit of a problem, I'm in block 12 with a window that faces where everyone coming back from a night out walks past... I'm next to the kitchen and my neighbours are the noisiest ****ers in the hall. I'm unlucky, but I'd get earplugs just in case.
Yep, you can connect to the library's wireless network with your laptop and it's all gravy :smile:

I can't tell you how many credits, but it's a fair amount. The prices for buying the credits are on here:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/it/print-copy-scan.aspx

Hope that helps, if you've any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

That's awesome! Thank you for all the info! :biggrin: I'll let you know when I have more questions. :redface:
Original post by BeccaAnne94

yessss meee! :biggrin: :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending