The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

I have made this thread a few times and it just disappears, I won't let this happen again. In this thread, fellow traders can talk and share any tip offs they have with each other.

At the moment PPA have a strong chance of rising, will probably put some money in them tomorrow morning.. However don't just listen to me, do your own research!

Any other traders?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would like to, but I'm an complete newbie! Plus I need money, which may help...
So if anyone actually followed that tip last night they would be 20% up.
Reply 3
how much money did you invest in PPA?
£3,000.

I took the 20% and left though. Did you put anything in?
Reply 5
Sup. I trade too and it rocks so i support this thread.
I trade only NYSE.
hotshot
Sup. I trade too and it rocks so i support this thread.
I trade only NYSE.

Is there any way for someone in the UK to trade on the NYSE? I'm really interested in it, I think there is money to be made for me there. :wink:
Looks like not many people are likely to post in here.. I can use it as a sort of blog then.

'Patience and steering a good course could deliver handsomely for GKP. I'm not afraid of further dilution while currently at £59m m/cap. (You only have to look at WZR at £220m/£60m cash = a valuation without the cash at £160m - ie more than 3 times GKP valuation. (GKP have at least the option of other assets to sell whether they realise a sale or not - WZR don't.)

Both chasing similar amounts of oil. Both with nothing more than oil shows at the moment while WZR are on their 2nd well.

I've no doubt that GKP have engineered themselves into a great position on acerage with 7-8 billion barrels in place potential. I think there's a good chance to pull in similar reserves to DNO from this kind of acerage over time.

You simply won't get that potential anywhere imo, where £20 - £50m m/cap companies might be drilling a 20 - 200 mmbo oil prospect with perhaps a few years to production if successful. Here's it's in the billion barrels league with potentially very high well rates and an early route to market and over 200,000 trucks involved in oil/oil products transportation in/out of Kurdistan. It's undoubtedly the biggest potential around for any small company. 80% drilling successes, low lifting costs, early route to market via truck. It's stated that the Zagros fold belt holds around 10% of the words oil reserves.

Of course many political things to sort out, but again if others like what they see, then the likes of GKP and others may be snapped up long before that if they find partial success. Who knows what interest from other comapnies might be generated on looking at Shaikan 1 results now that 20 API oil has been shown.'

not my words, but i'm in GKP now. fingers crossed
Reply 8
TheLouisVuittonDon
£3,000.

I took the 20% and left though. Did you put anything in?

I didnt. Im doing more long term investments to minimize risk. I put in 1000 pounds in "vestas" last month and i've made 500 pounds so far. Its worth taking a look at it.
philma1
I didnt. Im doing more long term investments to minimize risk. I put in 1000 pounds in "vestas" last month and i've made 500 pounds so far. Its worth taking a look at it.

Say whut? What are vestas? Is that a company or what?

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Oh and I recommend TRP people!!!
TheLouisVuittonDon
Say whut? What are vestas? Is that a company or what?

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Oh and I recommend TRP people!!!

Vestas Wind Systems = http://www.vestas.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestas

They were recently in the news for the Isle of Wight protest against the closure of a plant => http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jul/21/wind-turbine-factory-occupation
TheLouisVuittonDon
Looks like not many people are likely to post in here.. I can use it as a sort of blog then.

'Patience and steering a good course could deliver handsomely for GKP. I'm not afraid of further dilution while currently at £59m m/cap. (You only have to look at WZR at £220m/£60m cash = a valuation without the cash at £160m - ie more than 3 times GKP valuation. (GKP have at least the option of other assets to sell whether they realise a sale or not - WZR don't.)

Both chasing similar amounts of oil. Both with nothing more than oil shows at the moment while WZR are on their 2nd well.

I've no doubt that GKP have engineered themselves into a great position on acerage with 7-8 billion barrels in place potential. I think there's a good chance to pull in similar reserves to DNO from this kind of acerage over time.

You simply won't get that potential anywhere imo, where £20 - £50m m/cap companies might be drilling a 20 - 200 mmbo oil prospect with perhaps a few years to production if successful. Here's it's in the billion barrels league with potentially very high well rates and an early route to market and over 200,000 trucks involved in oil/oil products transportation in/out of Kurdistan. It's undoubtedly the biggest potential around for any small company. 80% drilling successes, low lifting costs, early route to market via truck. It's stated that the Zagros fold belt holds around 10% of the words oil reserves.

Of course many political things to sort out, but again if others like what they see, then the likes of GKP and others may be snapped up long before that if they find partial success. Who knows what interest from other comapnies might be generated on looking at Shaikan 1 results now that 20 API oil has been shown.'

not my words, but i'm in GKP now. fingers crossed

stop willy waving.
hypocriticaljap
stop willy waving.

What?
GKP shares have dropped, get in now.

(this is more a note to myself i imagine) or anyone who is lurking and just not posting.
I bought BARC shares some time ago, which are 102.60% up. I'll probably cock it up if I try and trade in others, so I'm staying away (unless, you have any sure bets :biggrin:).
jayshah31
I bought BARC shares some time ago, which are 102.60% up. I'll probably cock it up if I try and trade in others, so I'm staying away (unless, you have any sure bets :biggrin:).

Nothing is a sure bet so I have nothing to recommend then. :biggrin:

That's a really good profit though.
TheLouisVuittonDon
Nothing is a sure bet so I have nothing to recommend then. :biggrin:

That's a really good profit though.

:unsure: Well I'm probably monitor this thread and see if anything jumps out at me.

It is nice, I just wish I stuffed a few grand in, not a few hundred :indiff:
Reply 17
Just out of curiosity, which broker do you use?

I have a good bit of money saved and wouldnt mind a 'plunge' into the market haha
Eklipz89
Just out of curiosity, which broker do you use?

I have a good bit of money saved and wouldnt mind a 'plunge' into the market haha

Not sure who you're asking specifically.

I personally use www.iii.co.uk mainly because you can buy in batch sessions (like if it isn't time a time critical buy) for like £2.50 and there's no stupid monthly fees.
Reply 19
Bought into RBS at 11p many months ago, 56.60p as of 15 minutes ago, 414% increase.

Only put in what I could afford to lose (which was ok as I was on a gap year at the time)

Hoping to wait out untill the £1 mark.

Quick Reply

Latest