The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

gkp happy days :biggrin: found more oil... hit 124p for a matter of milliseconds today ha, hopefully itll settle above £1!
Reply 581
This threads gone a bit quiet recently, I'm guessing uni is making people a bit busy

I had a look at NPH but decided it wasn't for me - was probably being overcautious but with the latest clinical trial a failure and merger talks collapsing I chickened out.

How are people feeling about PXS? It seems this has levelled out at 8p for now, any predictions on the next movement? I want to see what happens with the share issues first.

I've just put an order in for WET and OPM. Would be interested to hear people's views on them.

Also, I've probably done it all wrong by putting an order in on a Sunday night and hoping prices won't go crazy before my order goes through. Its my first go at this and wasn't quite sure how to work the iii TradePlan tool to make sure it didnt buy if the price is too high (any advice on that would be great, all the help on the website is talking about instructing to buy if the price falls, not to not buy if the price rises!)
Great day so far for GKP
I'm still here, but very busy with uni and shizzle so haven't been able to check on shares much recently. I'm in PXS and KDD for the long term, GKP too.
whose happy boys then for following my advice and bought in gkp at 68p? :P
im still holding.... today is a good day
Reply 585
think gkp has made a lot of people happy today. definitely missed the boat on that one now, there isnt much more to be announced is there? Kinda kicking myself, was going to put in an order for some for today but though I had done enough for one day!

Theres a lot of optimism around WET at the moment, I'm hoping good things will come quite soon with them
VOG. Tipped widely to have massive returns potential. In two months ive already made a 56% gain. Currently at around 6p. On the forums this is a 'hot stock' atm. Take a look.
Reply 587
Well done to all those in GKP. 41% up in a month. Commiserations to those who bought into PXS at the wrong time. Particually the person who invested all his money in there. Tool.

Anyway, one of my stocks has come out alright - Chariot Oil + Gas (CHAR) gone from 19p to 30p in a week. Locked in this morning with a trailing stop loss.
I got in on CHAR yesterday morning. Woke up to a 38% rise then by the time i got back from my lecture it was where i bought in. These swings just show how the SP will rocket when/if a very positive RNS is released
I hope you boys are still holding GKP, this isnt the end of the road for this baby...
Glad you guys took my advice back a month ago, hopefully you're happy with the returns so far.
I still have a full holding, not selling a single share until £1.50 then ill only be top slicing until £2.
Reply 590
bcfc-drinkuptheecider
I got in on CHAR yesterday morning. Woke up to a 38% rise then by the time i got back from my lecture it was where i bought in. These swings just show how the SP will rocket when/if a very positive RNS is released

Mmmm. Not sure why the price moved like that - there wasnt any news, but I think someone bought a fair few. Anyway, I sold at 28.5p and an hour or so later was up to 33p. :rolleyes: However, rule number 1; its never wrong to sell at a profit, and compared to where the shares are now I did the right thing.
Reply 591
Anyone been trading recently? PYM :ahee:
Byllie
Anyone been trading recently? PYM :ahee:

Yes, long term holdings mainly though.

What about you? What's PYM?
Reply 593
TheLouisVuittonDon
Yes, long term holdings mainly though.

What about you? What's PYM?

Some chap the other day was touting 3 stocks on www.lse.co.uk

2 of which PYM (Phytopharm) and NPD (Nipson printers) expierienced a 350 +% increase in a day.

PYM announced some sort of advanced trials towards a treatment for Parkinsons disease in which symptons were reduced by 40% in monkeys. I believe its called Cogene. This stock has recently retraced however, but I believe it will rocket again once more results are announced.

A company called Oxford Biomedica (OXB) is developing a similar medicine to PYM although this stock raised just 79% the day after PYM, methinks this company was riding the wave of PYM, and this has also retraced.

Needless to say, two companies to watch very closely.

I notice a lot of talk on here about GKP and PXS, does anyone think its worthwhile investing in either of these now or have I well and truly missed the boat? PXS has recently retraced if I remember correctly.

Anyone got any good up-coming tips? I tend to fear companies that have already expierienced 100% + rises in the past few months (Although this seems to be the majority of stocks these days)

As the cliche goes...DYOR
another great day for GKP... 117.5p close. almost 150% up on my original holding, although I average up buying on the dips when I had cash.
still holding every share until 150p when I'm gona topslice my original investment and keep the rest in there.
and yet another great day, hit 130p+ this morning if any of you guys bought in the 60p's when I first suggested this one, hope you are all happy with 100% profits :smile:, personally id still hold though, we havent had the final results of this well even yet, nether mind the others and they still have the Algerian assets to sell... bring on £2.
Reply 596
Is this GKP going to rise even further?
Reply 597
This is the latest view on GKP - taken a slight dip due to GKP's partner being cautious over oil reserve estimates. Analyst still reckons a good buy with a target of 175p. I never did put any money into GKP but now might be a decent time to do so, there's still money to be made

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:GKP.L&display=news&it=le
Reply 598
are there any other sites worth using instead of / as well as lse.co.uk?

Although its good to use to see what the hot shares are at the moment, theres a lot of bickering and people either bigging up or playing down a share for their own benefit and it can get a bit tiring
Reply 599
If I were you guys I would top slice some income into MTA

Despite many oileys falling today this one actually rose by 5.5%

Fox-davies Capital has given it a 12 month target of 11p it currently sits at about 4.5p after expieriencing a rise of about 30% in the last few days.

http://www.fox-davies.com/media/79985/matrainitiatingcoverageoctober2009.pdf

GLA and dyor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending