The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Sound Oil PLC - anyone got in? Please let me know what are your dealing costs. I pay £15 per deal in Lloyds TSB.
Reply 981
Been in MTA since 3 p but I sold out on 4.8p on the first spike on Monday.

Been in SXX since 6p (230720 shares) and hoping for a quick re-rating to 12p.

If this happens, other stocks to watch out for in the near term are:

JRVS (nice £100k+ buy at 3.57pm on friday) and they are expecting many new contracts with different companies to build railtracks

GKP: after the iraqi election these will substantially revalue and get taken over without a doubt for at-least 300p! (currently 100p)

DES: good to trade in the range of 80-110p

RRL: will be 300% more than what it is now by end of 2010

ANR: current share price is 9p, broker note of 80p target!!!

Those are my get-rich-quick list for 2010.

I have made a 500% profit since I started last summer, bring on SXX TOMORROW!
Reply 982
sul
Been in MTA since 3 p but I sold out on 4.8p on the first spike on Monday.

Been in SXX since 6p (230720 shares) and hoping for a quick re-rating to 12p.

If this happens, other stocks to watch out for in the near term are:

JRVS (nice £100k+ buy at 3.57pm on friday) and they are expecting many new contracts with different companies to build railtracks

GKP: after the iraqi election these will substantially revalue and get taken over without a doubt for at-least 300p! (currently 100p)

DES: good to trade in the range of 80-110p

RRL: will be 300% more than what it is now by end of 2010

ANR: current share price is 9p, broker note of 80p target!!!

Those are my get-rich-quick list for 2010.

I have made a 500% profit since I started last summer, bring on SXX TOMORROW!

Yea come on SXX!!!
Reply 983
Sorry for my absense, illl catch up with everyones post one day soon. Geez... looks like i will be awaiting forever for RRL to release the news... yawn. Im so impatient but im sure by the end of 2010 i would have made some sort of profit!

I will only invest in SXX if there is some sort of retrace, i would much rather concentrate on RRL, but if SXX become better value then i might invest. Tower Resources have also been tipped pretty heavily recently!
Quick question about the TD Waterhouse trading account..I'm a bit unsure about the £25 transfer out fee per holding. What exactly does it mean, per holding?
Reply 985
If you want to transfer your shares from one account to another. That is NOT a trading fee.
Reply 986
P.S Search for regular investor accounts if you are not going to invest often or is a once off as you will only pay about £1 or £2 commission rather than the £10-£15 commission usually. That is only if you are willing to invest on a set day governed by the trading firm. Even though it says regular investment, if you want to invest just once then i suggest using it.
Companies such as halifax, and iii do them i know at least. Personally i trade with III because they have a really good website and message board which is a great resource to choose who to invest in, where as halifax is just a banking website with a share option.
Lukeyblue
If you want to transfer your shares from one account to another. That is NOT a trading fee.

I know, but when I was looking into other accounts, there was no mention of "per holding" when it came to transfer out fees. I wasn't too sure what difference it makes by them mentioning it. Thanks for the suggestion though I'll look into III as well.

Right now I'm just doing my research before I invest in anything. It's my intention to be a day trader, but I don't plan on starting until I know my stuff!
Reply 988
Just found out I need to transfer money from ISA to Nominee in order to buy VGM shares, how to do that ASAP?
Reply 989
Quality day for MTA! I sold half my holding at 5.65p looking to reinvest on a dip though!
Reply 990
Maybe the dip won't come lol
Reply 991
i ******* hope it does
Reply 992
Anyone recommend some good books for someone considering starting stocks and shares?
Reply 993
Just bought back into MTA with what I took out on friday's close.
Absolutely livid, I can't handle watching it rise knowing i'm not making as much as I could. So i'll weather out any retrace and not take out any more until 15p!

Average share price jumped to 3.8 with just over 100k shares.
Reply 994
airman
alex000, let me know when you bought and sold VGM shares. VGM - look on the left at VGM presentation.

Maybe about a 10 months ago...DYOR

Anyone in VST?...tis a good day today...
Reply 995
PMP
Anyone recommend some good books for someone considering starting stocks and shares?

'Reminiscences of a stock operator' is an old yet very truthful book on the mentality of traders.

Otherwise I would suggest following the markets closely, maybe start a virtual portfolio, and keep an eye on BBs like www.lse.co.uk
Reply 996
Thanks for the advice, picked up that book today
Reply 997
Good day for RRL... up 10%. Although expecting a retrace any day soon! RNS is still some days off.
PMP

Best way is to simply practice - go to www.share.com and use their practice account
Reply 999
I wanna start the I love MTA society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending