The Student Room Group

Are my gcse's good enough for dentistry ????

I have just got my result today, will these be good enough to get me onto a dentistry course ?

ICT : 2 Distintions or 2 A*'s

Core Science: A*
Additional Science: A

Graphics Design: A

Religion: A

English Lit: A
English Lang: B

French: B

Maths: C

Firstly would i get accepted for interview with these Gcse's combined with Good A level results ?

Secondly, could i get into say, leeds,sheiffield,newcastle, liverpool or manchester with the right A level results ?
Reply 1
Thanks for the advice. In maths i got 139 ums and i needed 140 for a B so i missed out by a fraction of a mark. I have requested a remark for the paper to see if i get a B if it is remarked, but it could go either way.

I have left school now so how? and where? do i resist.
I am going to college and picking, biology chemistry physics and graphic design

I will know if the remark has changed my grade in october but i enroll at college next week.
Do i just ask to resist at college, and do i just do all of the papers again, or do i have to join the maths gcse class ?

What if i dont resist and get mostly A's in AS and A level and maybe even some A8's or B's, would i still get in or do i need the B ?
Reply 2
If that was the case maybe i could resit outside of college, is this possible?

Are there like, maybe learning centres or something that could renter me as an external candidate? and maybe i could just resit one module instead of the full course ?
Reply 3
Key skills level 3 or is it 4 to gcse A equiv?
Reply 4
I'm hoping of doing dentistry too
I got my GCSE results yesterday:
Eng Lit A*
Eng Lang A*
Maths A
Statsistics A
French A*
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
History A*
Geography A*
Drama A
Religous Studies A*

For my A-Levels, i am going to study Biology, Chemistry, French + Eng Lit :smile: Is this ideal, because lots have people have told me i need phyics or maths...

Thanks

xxx
Reply 5
that's fine.
Reply 6
xxIxx please dont try and steal my forum! also dental, is there anywhere, like maybe a learning centre, in which i could just resit one module of my already maths gcse ?
Reply 7
SamD1992
xxIxx please dont try and steal my forum! also dental, is there anywhere, like maybe a learning centre, in which i could just resit one module of my already maths gcse ?

ask your college they sometimes allow you to retake gcse's
Reply 8
Sorry did not mean to steal your forum
And i'd just like to say that i am not a show off, in fact i lack confidence. A prospectus usually gives a rough idea and the standards always change too so SamD1992 don't worry, with plenty of experience you should get in, it's not all about grades, it's about personality and perseverance too, which i am sure you have :smile:
I just wanted a PERSON's advice from experience, not just words from books which are subject to change as dentistry is highly competitive

xxx
Reply 9
ok no problem. I think i will resit to get a B anyway then, i would have
3a*'s 4a's and 3b's and then will do well in college and get tonnes of work experience.
Reply 10
i gt 3A*'s and 8 A's ...will these be good enough for dentistry considering i go to a grammar school?
Reply 11
i want to do dentistry too but im not sure what are considered fair gcse grades for dentistry
Reply 12
pb101
i want to do dentistry too but im not sure what are considered fair gcse grades for dentistry

ur grades seem on the low side going by your sig, try dental therapy/hygeine
Reply 13
pb101

What?!?
DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR GRADES ARE LOW?? :confused:
Reply 14
sk:n
What?!?
DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR GRADES ARE LOW?? :confused:

no thats not what i meant, sorry if it came across as that though
what i intended to convey was that i wasnt sure if the OP's grades were considered fair/excellent for dentistry

Latest