The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah. A Cantab 2,1 is often worth as much or more than a 1st elsewhere. There's no national 'syllabus' or control for degrees.
Reply 2
Yes, at Cambridge you have to do two essays a week, or similar if its a non essay base thing. whereas at other unis you dont have to do as much work towards you degree.
Reply 3
Xei
Yeah. A Cantab 2,1 is often worth as much or more than a 1,1 elsewhere. There's no national 'syllabus' or control for degrees.

I love the fact that you say '1,1' shows that you probably don't know what you're talking about... :p:
That doesn't mean, though, that your conclusion is incorrect :smile:
Reply 4
Hah sorry I'm still in STEP mode.

I meant a first of course.
Definitely.
Reply 6
depends on the university/course, but generally, yes.
Reply 7
If the OP did his research (a basic search) he'd find that we're getting flooded with these sorts of threads ("1st from Trent v. 2:2 from Cambridge", "Is it easier to get a first at a low ranking uni than Oxford?"....). They were a weekly occurence, now almost daily. Nothing new gets said in these threads, we just keep going around in the same direction and most of the people who do comment have little knowledge or experience anyway. So I'm closing this thread. You can head over to GUD and perform a basic search and find some of the many identitical or similar threads in GUD.

We''ll hopefully create a sticky to help address these questions and issues.

Latest

Trending

Trending