The Student Room Group

~ The Official Reapplying Thread 2010 ~

Scroll to see replies

Just a random question to people re-sitting and re-applying.

Say you do some re-sits in Jan and you have university offers pending on the results of your re-sits, does this mean your university offer would be processed in March instead of August?
MeanMachine
Just a random question to people re-sitting and re-applying.

Say you do some re-sits in Jan and you have university offers pending on the results of your re-sits, does this mean your university offer would be processed in March instead of August?

Well if after your resits you reach your offer, all you have to do is notify the university and your offer will turn unconditional. After that you can sort out accomidation, earn lots of money and enjoy the rest of the year off before going to uni :smile:
Reply 42
Im in a bit of a dilema, maybe some of you guys could help me out?
my plan was to get a full time job and resit my exams in january as well as doing alevel sociology. But its been soo difficult finding a job these days that I wonder if I ever will get one, do you think I should just go back to college and study two as-levels (maybe biology and english) and also do the alevel sociology/resits (at home) instead?
jabed786
my plan was to get a full time job and resit my exams in january as well as doing alevel sociology. But its been soo difficult finding a job these days that I wonder if I ever will get one, do you think I should just go back to college and study two as-levels (maybe biology and english) and also do the alevel sociology/resits (at home) instead?

Why not do the AS levels instead of the Sociology self teach?
Reply 44
I'm re-applying and re-taking exams too! After not getting the grades I needed or wanted I decided to re-take exams in jan. But a nice little suprise came my way a week after results day when I got promoted at work so that will keep me quite busy and i'll also be able to save money for uni :smile: Just want to hurry up and get back to college now
Reply 45
Mango24
I'm re-applying and re-taking exams too! After not getting the grades I needed or wanted I decided to re-take exams in jan. But a nice little suprise came my way a week after results day when I got promoted at work so that will keep me quite busy and i'll also be able to save money for uni :smile: Just want to hurry up and get back to college now

Why are you going back to college? Are you not just re-sitting the exams in January as an external candidate?
Reply 46
Loz17
Why not do the AS levels instead of the Sociology self teach?

because i need a full alevel in order to meet the AAB entry req for my uni choice. Resiting my current alevels is not enough to meet it.
Reply 47
mindy123
Why are you going back to college? Are you not just re-sitting the exams in January as an external candidate?

Yes for one of my subjects. But the spec for my other two subjects hasn't changed, they're teaching excatly the same thing so I can go to the lessons. I'm also picking up an extra AS. So really i'm doing a third year
I'm sort of glad that I'm not the only one resitting. Although ABB isn't a failure by any stretch of imagination it was the AAA that I aspire. All the best to everyone. Our futures will be decided in the second week of March!
Hey, quick question;
I'm changing my course and uni, and I've just got off the phone to UCAS. They said I need to decline my offer from my Uni and then restart the Ucas process. Except I can't figure out how to decline my offer? My offer was for deferred entry 2010, could this be why or am I being really stupid? Please help!
Reply 50
Applying for politics this year after getting AAA, so not wallowing. Was only predicted AAB last year so didn't get the offers that I wanted - let's hope that things are different this time around.
Reply 51
charlotte1810-find the email for the Undergraduate Admissions Office on your university website and email them. Worked for me. Good luck!

izinku-only you can make that decision. Do what's best for you. I don't think applying through school gives you any advantage, though I could be wrong. Maybe talk to your old sixth form and see if they'll let you apply through them?

I am reapplying for Adult Nursing 2010 :smile:
Reply 52
I got my place, but changed my mind about the course so i'm reapplying for 2010 :smile:
Looking forward to having a year of earning money and travelling, but i'm going to be lonely once all my friends have disappeared off to uni :frown:
Reply 53
Got AAAA in my a levels... Chemistry, Biology, Maths n Irish
7 A*s and 2 As in my GCSEs..

never got in to do dentistry anywher so am reapplying!

was advised by careers advisor in old school to apply on UCAS thru "school/college" instead of as an individual...
however, on this year out I intend to do an extra gcse in Add Maths...
wen filling out my qualifications section of ucas i tried to include Add Maths, sittin in June 2010... but it wouldnt let me as it is outside the dates I attended the school (2005-2009).

what should i do?
any advice would b brilliant!!
jabed786

I was in the same situation as you, but i decided to go back to college for two AS levels and then work part time for a bit of cash :smile:.
Reply 55
hey guys i could really use some advice
I applied in 2009 for medicine, but got rejected cuz I was underage (was 16 when i applied). I did the IB (International Baccalaureate), and got predicted 41. However, I kinda lost my mojo halfway through the year and ended up with 37. I'm gonna retake the 3 Higher Levels this November. Do you think I'll be at a disadvantage? And how am I supposed to mention it in my application? Thanks so much. Could really really use any advice!
Reply 56
I'm reapplying this year as well, because I'm not at school anymore I said I was applying as an individual when registering for 2010 UCAS. I'm kinda confused about how the reference bit is going to work because I can write in the reference bit myself. How am I going to get someone else to fill it in? Sorry if this has been asked or sounds stupid, I'm just a bit confused about it.
Reply 57
sarah2:)
Got AAAA in my a levels... Chemistry, Biology, Maths n Irish
7 A*s and 2 As in my GCSEs..

never got in to do dentistry anywher so am reapplying!

was advised by careers advisor in old school to apply on UCAS thru "school/college" instead of as an individual...
however, on this year out I intend to do an extra gcse in Add Maths...
wen filling out my qualifications section of ucas i tried to include Add Maths, sittin in June 2010... but it wouldnt let me as it is outside the dates I attended the school (2005-2009).

what should i do?
any advice would b brilliant!!

Phone up UCAS, don't worry they actually pick up the phone unlike Student Finance :P:
How Can I Find A Job! Argh!
Reply 59
cruciform
How Can I Find A Job! Argh!

i feel ur pain...

was unsuccessful for a part time job in Eason... baffled me.. i have 4 A levels... would they rather i had a degree?? >:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending