The Student Room Group

~ The Official Reapplying Thread 2010 ~

Scroll to see replies

sarah2:)
i feel ur pain...

was unsuccessful for a part time job in Eason... baffled me.. i have 4 A levels... would they rather i had a degree?? >:frown:

what's your plan then?
Reply 61
cruciform
what's your plan then?

good question!!

atm, im tryin to write my personal statement... doing ucas again... sortin out work experience!
filling in every job application i can find lol...

luk at job centre online! theres loads on there :smile:
Heyyy! another 2010 reapplicant here lol. I had an unconditional offer to study english and history at leeds met this sept but decided to withdraw from it. Im now doing 2 full A levels this year in english language and maths! should be an interesting year, hoping to travel the southern states of america next summer before uni too =]

If anyones applying for english at Birmingham, Leicester or Coventry message me :smile:
slightly different story to most people here who've missed their offers.
i got offers from 3 out of 4 places i applied to last year, but the one i got rejected from was my top choice - i was taking a gap year anyway, so it just seemed silly not to reapply.
however, something funny happened with my english (i got an E in unit 6...) so my overall grades are ABB, which is lower than i was expecting/wanting. anyway, i'm going through the whole appealing nightmare and preparing to come back from my gap year to resit... i really need AAB...
Reply 64
cruciform
there is, but they all have about 10 applicants per place, they're not gonna give it to some gapper like me, they want someone permanent, so I've been looking at work experience, I phoned loads of accounting firms up and got rejected by the lot, with two asking me to come to their office tommorow, I hope it goes well, then I get a years placement, though unpaid. However, experience is experience. If this fails, I'll just volunteer at my local charity shop until I can find work.

are you still trying then?:smile:

il keep my fingers crossed for u for tomorrow...
iv got a weeks work experience sorted for next week! hopefuly some more will come through too..
applied for a part time job in a shop... 16 hours a week...

which is enough atm. tryin to do too much at once and nothings getting done right!!!
stressed... :frown:

a year out doesnt suit me... my brain is mush already :frown:
i just wana go learn to be a dentist!
Hey Guys quick question.
I am re-applying for 2010 admission and hoping to resit 2 modules which should boost my grades. Unfortunately i plan to travel from october-april in asia therefore january resits will be very difficult. With syllabus withdrawal is it totally impossible to resit in June series?

I ask this because i have mates retaking year 13 entirely therefore surely theyre not expected to do all resits in January???

Cheers in advance
Reply 66
Spartan CMW
i have mates retaking year 13 entirely therefore surely theyre not expected to do all resits in January???

Yup they are unfortunatley. From what I've heard resits are only available in jan for the old spec students
You can retake in june on OCR boards, thats what I heard anyway :smile:
Reply 68
I'm re-applying for 2010, i got a conditional offer at one university, but my health kinda stopped me, to go forward with the course. I was also one grade off the points they wanted!

Now i'm applying to do a different course (child nursing), i'm applying though UCAS as a independant person rather than through my old 6th form. I am re-taking two or three modules in January as an external student, as i totally bummed out on my june exams (got U's in 7 out of 8 exams) was predicted to do really well so i know i will be able to improve my grades in the January exams!
I'm going to try to find a new job, get some work experience in a health care environment, and just generally earn money. Will probably do a bit of travelling after January, but not to the extent that it costs too much considering uni in September!

everything happens for a reason guys and girls!
Reply 69
Hey guys, i was wondering do i have to include my A-level results on my UCAS form as well as the subjects pending also, or do i just put down the 3 subjects (as pending) and not put down the 3 subjects again but this time with my grades?

Also i cant find 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (NEW- first award 2001)' on the application form...it just has 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)'??
Reply 70
I'm so jealous of all my friends going off to uni today :frown: i don't know how i'm going to survive a year with hardly any of my friends around!

I'm starting to worry i won't get into uni next year now as well... :o:
Meeee :)
I'm so jealous of all my friends going off to uni today :frown: i don't know how i'm going to survive a year with hardly any of my friends around!

I'm starting to worry i won't get into uni next year now as well... :o:

Most of my friends ahve just gone or are going, inc my bf :frown: (but hes still living at home thatnk god)

Its still scared though too
Reply 72
feeling left out... mates all registering n getting uni time tables... n i have nothing...

:frown:

worked my arse off for yearssss n have nothing.
feeling left out... mates all registering n getting uni time tables... n i have nothing...

I know how you feel :frown:
Reply 74
im reapplying not because i dont have the grades but because UCD in dublin didnt have the course structure i was looking for therefore im applying to unis over in england something a little more academic for neuroscience. Unplanned gap year, but ive sent my UCAS of so really just gonna look for some jobs save some cash and go travelling to kill time.
Reply 75
I can use my PS from last year right? I'm reapplying to my firm with remark results because I missed the 2nd Sept deadline - they said they'd give me an unconditional offer for 2010. Just worried UCAS will think I've plagiarised (myself :rolleyes:) and cancel my application or something.
sorafdfs
I can use my PS from last year right? I'm reapplying to my firm with remark results because I missed the 2nd Sept deadline - they said they'd give me an unconditional offer for 2010. Just worried UCAS will think I've plagiarised (myself :rolleyes:) and cancel my application or something.

Ring them up and ask. Also, I'm sure theres more stuff you've done/learnt over the last year so I'm sure you can update it a little bit...?
Reply 77

Same.
My friend has just moved to uni in my city and all i'm hearing about is her new friends, how great freshers week is, how lovely her halls are... I know she's just excited and don't blame her but it makes me SO jealous!

I'm hoping once she's settled in a bit, i might be able to become part of he group of uni friends so i'll get to have a bit of the fun uni life this year!
Reply 78
anyone else sent away there UCAS yet.
Reply 79
logic123
anyone else sent away there UCAS yet.

Completed everything, did you re-use a similar PS from last time around or was it different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending