The Student Room Group

~ The Official Reapplying Thread 2010 ~

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
completly different this one was more academic.
Loz17
You can retake in june on OCR boards, thats what I heard anyway :smile:

Is that definitely true? Because I could resit my AQA Sociology unit in Crime in January and then my OCR Psychology units in June if so... :o: I'm reapplying for 2010, missed my ABB offer for Leeds and got BCC due to extenuating circumstances. I'm thinking of applying for a foundation year at Lancaster though. Think I need this gap year off to sort out what I genuinely want to do!
Reply 82
I am in the same situation as you aswell. It's nice to know that i'm not the only one. I didn't meet my offer for firm and insurance aswell. I was let down by chemistry. :mad: I missed a C grade by 3% because i didn't study hard enough.

I will be Improving my grade, doing some good work experience and doing A-level physics.

jabed786
I'm reapplying for uni next year and am not going this year. Do I need to do anything to my ucas application? like cancel it or anything?
thank you :smile:

You need to make a new account for 2010 and start filling in your details. etc

Did you apply through clearing?
Reply 83
Just found this thread! I have just sent my application for this year. I applied for deferred entry last year, so at least I was expecting to have a gap year. I pulled out in Feb because after visiting my choices I realised that I didn't actually want to go to any of them!
Now the wait starts again... I am hoping for early decisions just to get it over and done with!
Reply 84
yeh ive sent mine off aswell hooing for early decisions aswell !!!! fingers crossed
Reply 85
jannike
I did sociology at A level. Basically, if you are good at remembering names, years and studies, and organising relevant information into an essay, you'll be fine. It's one of the subjects I got an A in, and got 100% on a few of the papers somehow.

I agree,

I had two D's in two A2 units but because i did really good in my AS, i was only 1 mark away from an A overall so i am retaking one of the unit for an A.
Reply 86
I AM! Didnt get exactly what i wanted/needed so will be reapplying this year and doing some retakes and an extra a level or two. My UCAS is almost ready to be sent off. Just needs my personal statement to be checked and education, then my school needs to fiddle the references etc
Reply 87
Lil08
I am in the same situation as you aswell. It's nice to know that i'm not the only one. I didn't meet my offer for firm and insurance aswell. I was let down by chemistry. :mad: I missed a C grade by 3% because i didn't study hard enough.

I will be Improving my grade, doing some good work experience and doing A-level physics.

You need to make a new account for 2010 and start filling in your details. etc

Did you apply through clearing?

Well I was automatically put into clearing but because there was no course I liked and economics wasnt available in many places. I chose to reapply. Right now I'm at 6th form doing a psychology alevel, I've already made a start on my 2010 application.
Just need to finish my PS and ask for the reference and persuade to get predicted high grades.
umbrellahead
Is that definitely true? Because I could resit my AQA Sociology unit in Crime in January and then my OCR Psychology units in June if so... :o: I'm reapplying for 2010, missed my ABB offer for Leeds and got BCC due to extenuating circumstances. I'm thinking of applying for a foundation year at Lancaster though. Think I need this gap year off to sort out what I genuinely want to do!

Well talk to the examinations officer at your centre and see what they say, mine told me today that I can retake in both jan and june, But I'm getting all of them out of the way.
Reply 89
jabed786
Well I was automatically put into clearing but because there was no course I liked and economics wasnt available in many places. I chose to reapply. Right now I'm at 6th form doing a psychology alevel, I've already made a start on my 2010 application.
Just need to finish my PS and ask for the reference and persuade to get predicted high grades.

Erm why are you doing an AS in the hope of getting a D?! Are you self-teaching or doing it at college?
Reply 90
mindy123
Erm why are you doing an AS in the hope of getting a D?! Are you self-teaching or doing it at college?

im doing it at college along with my AS+A2 in psychology (hope to get an A in that)
I only picked up the english so I can be classed as a full time student at college and get EMA (havent actually sorted out EMA yet).
So really Im spending much more time on my psychology.
Anyone sent off their UCAS yet?

I wanna get mine off tonight.
Reply 92
i have
logic123
i have

I know that :p: haha
i hope to send off my app at like the middle of October. Is that too late? :confused:
Slipstreamer
Need help urgently!

Well, not urgently, but you seem to get a better reaction if you seem to be in some sort of peril.

This section of the UCAS FAQs is filled with massive holes!:

"The date I am completing my qualification is not listed in the drop-down menu. I have left school but will be going back for a resit - how do I enter it?
The system will only show the dates that are selected for attendance at the school. If you are returning to sit an examination, you will need to enter details of the school again with the finish date as the date that you will complete the qualification. You can then enter the qualification as pending and select the correct month and year."

Okay, so that fails to mention what we put for Attendance (full-time, part-time or the other one), and the date we started school, and what exactly does it mean by "the date you will complete the qualification"? - is that the date we take the resit (January), or the date we receive results (March)? Somebody please answer my befuzzlement!

wat if your re-sitting not at your college but somewhere else?
Reply 96
Oh, I'm so incredibly jealous of all the people going to uni this year, and having fresher's week- it seems so exciting!! Wish I had got in this year. To think that while thousands of other people my age will be living in a new city and meeting loads of interesting new people this year, I'll be at home reading history books, is a little depressing :frown:
I´m reapplying to Aberystwyth.I didnt have an english language test done(TOEFL..IELTS etc)so I got turned down.But im taking IELTS on the 5th of Dec,and hope it goes well.After that..Im ready to send off my UCAS application :smile:Anyone else applying to Aberystwyth..?
Reply 98
Hey planning on dropping law and re applying for history next year :s-smilie: think its a good idea?
Reply 99
I..
Hey planning on dropping law and re applying for history next year :s-smilie: think its a good idea?

Why would you want to drop a course like law? What uni dare you going to atm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending