The Student Room Group
Reply 1
*Subscribes*
Reply 2
My situation was different, because you see I didn't do maths, which seriously limited my choices for doing Computer Science. I got BCCDD at AS, wrote a decent PS and I got into Portsmouth as my first choice after getting BBC for my final grades, and improving one of my C grades at AS to a B. I needed a C in English and Maths at GCSE also, I already had an A in each.
Reply 3
plastik2k9
My situation was different, because you see I didn't do maths, which seriously limited my choices for doing Computer Science. I got BCCDD at AS, wrote a decent PS and I got into Portsmouth as my first choice after getting BBC for my final grades, and improving one of my C grades at AS to a B. I needed a C in English and Maths at GCSE also, I already had an A in each.

thanks for the reply, i just saw the grade entry for Portsmouth, and its BBB, and you had BBC, which gives me confidence !
do you enjoy the course? is it very hard?
Reply 4
You definitely have a chance for Computer Science.

The D in Computing worries me. Do you do much computing-wise outside of school? You'll be wanting to write a fairly good Personal Statement (feel free to PM me, or submit it to the PS Helpers) to back yourself up with.

As to which unis, honestly, just take your pick. I'd say applying to AAA unis and the like would be a bit too optimistic, obviously, but unis like Aberystwyth, Bangor, Portsmouth and so on would probably consider your application :smile:
Reply 5
^ i want to get out of wales lol!

i got 55/70 in my coursework in computing, but i messed up the exam (46%)
if i got 65%+ in the exam i would get a B overall which is what i am aiming for.

i think i should aim for unis which require

BBC/BCC.

sent my PS to you ( it isnt completely finished yet i need to add why i chose my AS subjects)
I am also subscribing to this thread.

I got BDD and need hope.....
Reply 7
nastynas
thanks for the reply, i just saw the grade entry for Portsmouth, and its BBB, and you had BBC, which gives me confidence !
do you enjoy the course? is it very hard?

I haven't started the course yet, I will be on the 28th. Also, when I applied they wanted 240 UCAS points, and now they want 300, so I perhaps wouldn't have made it in if I applied this year.

I can comment on the location though; it's a great place, Portsmouth, and all of the University buildings are close together in the city. Loads to do by the looks of it too. I'm looking forward to moving down there.

Latest

Trending

Trending