The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not everyone has sent their UCAS application off. Mine's not going until at least December (because I reckon that's the earliest I can get a reference).

I am reading a lot of books, but not to prepare for interview (though being a mature student there's a chance I will get asked for one). I'm reading them because I enjoy reading them, and while gaining some background knowledge I'm sure will be helpful (applying for biochem with a foundation year and aside from the OU study I've just started I haven't done any proper science since GCSE) the reason I'm reading them is I genuinely want to know all this stuff.

Though the book I'm reading at the moment is some fricking hard chemistry (compared to what I know) that I have to keep notes to make it make any sense :biggrin:
Reply 2
Bear in mind that not all Universities interview - although both Oxford and Cambridge will ask you to attend an interview, if your application passes the initial stages. Some universities have a policy of only interviewing mature students/ University reading lsits are usually published online, so you might want to start reading one of these. I recommend an introductory text from a first year survey course.
Reply 3
I didn't get a single interview last year, although I was in a completely different field.
I read around my subject for general enjoyment and to bolster my knowledge for my degree. :smile:
Reply 4

I didn't get a single interview last year, although I was in a completely different field.

A lot of universities seem to assess forms on the basis of the information included now. I had only one interview when I applied to University, but this was in the days when students listed six choices on their form.

Latest

Trending

Trending