The Student Room Group

Further Reading and Application Help

I am doing A-Levels in Chemistry, Physics and Psychology and Core Maths. What are some good books to read related to these subjects and is it possible to do Medicine at University with these subjects
Original post by aneesh7
I am doing A-Levels in Chemistry, Physics and Psychology and Core Maths. What are some good books to read related to these subjects and is it possible to do Medicine at University with these subjects

Hi @aneesh7,

It is great you want to do some reading around your subjects. I am a final year Psychology student so I can/t say much about your other subjects unfortunately.

Psychology wise, I would recommend starting off with reading a variety of articles (designed for anyone to read) to see which subjects/topics you are naturally drawn to. I would then recommend identifying the concepts in the ones you like for example if you are reading an article about why we obey authority then you might look up research articles on google scholar using terminology such as 'obedience', 'authority' etc.

There is usually a lot of jargon used in these articles so dont beat yourself up if you do not understand what they are saying straight away!

Talk to your teachers about what they would recommend too!

I hope this helps and good luck with your a-levels! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest