The Student Room Group

does anyone know fees you have to pay if you drop out

i cant find out on the uni website about how much fee and rent you have to pay at certain times if you drop out. i read something about a re'fund so i know i dont have to pay everything..
im planning on staying for abit but i do tihnk in a couple of weeks ill know if its for me or not. i would rather drop out in the coming weeks than at the end of a year when ive wasted loads of money and time
also ive had no loan or grants im just paying myself.
Reply 1
you'd have to pay for the amount of time you've been in education at your institution. I dropped out before my course even started properly so luckily I don't have to pay anything back apart from rent. All accommodation is different but from my £250 deposit, they deducted 2 weeks rent and I have to pay 60 something quid for breaking the accommodation contract and leaving early
Reply 2
once you start you have to pay the full amount i think. my brother did...
Reply 3
I dropped out at the end of November and paid precisely nothing. It all depends on your university's policy.
Reply 4
It does vary, at my Uni if I left before Christmas, which I did, I didn't have to pay any fees. I even got my course materials deposit back.
With regards to accommodation I had to find a replacement tenant but after that I got my deposit and the remaining part of my first installment of rent back.
Reply 5
Think it depends on your uni cos mine says if you drop out before the end of october you dont need to pay. So just speak to someone at your uni
Reply 6
Some universities don't make you pay anything if you drop out before Christmas. However, if the university that you're at does make you pay, they'll work it out on the basis of how many weeks you've been there. I dropped out last year after only two months or so and they told me I owed them about £500...(but I just ignored it and got away with it :p:)

Sorting out my accommodation was a hassle though and it cost me about £1200 because Unite are crap.
Reply 7
whatever you do, don't pay the tuition fees up front all in one go, can't understand why people do this

FOB THEM OFF, or pay a % of the fee, then pay the rest when you're sure going to complete the year

in the 2nd year I paid the tuition fee in june after I'd taken the exams
Reply 8
I dropped out in November and didn't have to pay anything, aside from obviously giving them the loan back.

Latest

Trending

Trending