The Student Room Group

Finance withdrawal? university help ?

I study Business marketing year 2 at Coventry university .
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Angela Bediako
I study Business marketing year 2 at Coventry university .

For the past few months I have been having trouble with my student finance and as such I am yet to pay my tuition fee of which I applied for through Students Loan company. I’m also struggling with unemployment since I applied as a migrant worker I have been trying to get a job so that I can prove that I’m working part time but to no avail . I was able to get job to prove that I’m working part time however the slc are still asking me for more evidence. It’s getting very frustrating and depressing for me as Ive been going back and forth with them for too long What is going to happen next ? As I haven’t been contacted by the university regarding my fee and the future of the course I am studying. I haven’t been told wether I will be removed from my course or if I’m going to be withdrawn from the university and it is making me very anxious. Also if I decided to drop out what will happen and how will it affect me ?

Kind regards
Angela.

You say, "I am yet to pay my tuition fee". Do you normally pay that, yourself? Or does student finance pay the university directly?

You say, "I have been trying to get a job so that I can prove that I’m working part time but to no avail", which makes it sound like you have not been successful in getting a part-time job. But you then say, "I was able to get job to prove that I’m working part time". So you have got a part-time job? This is a little confusing.

Presumably the evidence you supplied with regards to this job is a bit weak. What evidence have you provided? What have you been asked to provide, in addition?

You ask what might happen, "if I decided to drop out". Why would you do that? Because of the issues getting you student loan? Or for other unrelated reasons?
Basically if I wanted to drop out how will that affect the way I’ll pay back the tuition fee? And yes it’s for out side related reasons as well as the loan. It’s just been take too long and I’ve kind of given up. I just don’t want to waste the university’s time
Please ignore my previous post. I have a question. Let’s say you enroll to university and apply for tuition through students loan. And for some reasons your student loan application is been delayed. And you decide to withdraw from your course how do you go about the whole process?
Please ignore my previous post. I have a question. Let’s say you enroll to university and apply for tuition through students loan. And for some reasons your student loan application is been delayed. And you decide to withdraw from your course how do you go about the whole process?

With regards to the process of withdrawing from university, you would contact the university itself. (For Coventry University specifically, you would contact the Academic Registry - details here.)

As for the process of cancelling your student loan application, I think that's a question better posed to the experts in the Ask Student Finance England forum. (Or the equivalent for whichever part of the UK you're based in.)
Original post by DataVenia
With regards to the process of withdrawing from university, you would contact the university itself. (For Coventry University specifically, you would contact the Academic Registry - details here.)
As for the process of cancelling your student loan application, I think that's a question better posed to the experts in the Ask Student Finance England forum. (Or the equivalent for whichever part of the UK you're based in.)

I understand I’m just waiting to get a reply from the evidence I submitted I don’t know why it’s taking so long
I understand I’m just waiting to get a reply from the evidence I submitted I don’t know why it’s taking so long

You are waiting so long because it's Coventry University, unfortunately. Take a look at the Coventry University and you'll find lots of posts from people waiting a long time for various things (notably CAS letters, to be honest, but for all sorts of other things too).
Original post by DataVenia
You are waiting so long because it's Coventry University, unfortunately. Take a look at the Coventry University and you'll find lots of posts from people waiting a long time for various things (notably CAS letters, to be honest, but for all sorts of other things too).

Oh I was actually talking about sfe sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending