The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How do I fill in the financial information section of the enrolment form?

I am going to be a full-time postgraduate student this coming year, and I'm getting a full loan from Student Finance England. I know that postgraduate loans are paid straight to the student who then pays them to the university, but what should I put on the enrolment? The drop-down doesn't have options for SFE so I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong. I've already sent an email to the university about it and had no reply.

edit: so this is the form
Capture.PNG
the menu 'main sponsor contributing to fee' does not have an option for SFE. The menu 'who is paying the majority of your tuition fees' DOES list SLC, but if I select that, and 'None' for the other menu, it will not let me continue as I have not entered an amount. However if I enter the amount in the box for 'Main Sponsor's Contribution to Fee', it also won't let me continue, and if I put 'Other' instead of 'None', I have to enter the details in the other boxes even though SLC is already listed?
(edited 8 months ago)
I believe it may be listed as student loans company (SLC) which is also what shows up if you get maintenance loan paid to your bank account n
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I believe it may be listed as student loans company (SLC) which is also what shows up if you get maintenance loan paid to your bank account n

SLC is listed in the second drop-down menu, but when I selected that it said I hadn't filled in all relevant sections so I couldn't continue. The first drop-down menu for sponsors etc only has Student Finance NI and Wales
Reply 3
Original post by jbrandagamba
I am going to be a full-time postgraduate student this coming year, and I'm getting a full loan from Student Finance England. I know that postgraduate loans are paid straight to the student who then pays them to the university, but what should I put on the enrolment? The drop-down doesn't have options for SFE so I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong. I've already sent an email to the university about it and had no reply.

edit: so this is the form
Capture.PNG
the menu 'main sponsor contributing to fee' does not have an option for SFE. The menu 'who is paying the majority of your tuition fees' DOES list SLC, but if I select that, and 'None' for the other menu, it will not let me continue as I have not entered an amount. However if I enter the amount in the box for 'Main Sponsor's Contribution to Fee', it also won't let me continue, and if I put 'Other' instead of 'None', I have to enter the details in the other boxes even though SLC is already listed?

Hi there! I’m currently having the exact same problem with my enrolment (also an incoming postgrad) was just wondering if you had got an answer from the university about this/figured this out? Any insight would be very appreciated! :’)
Reply 4
Original post by hannaa13y
Hi there! I’m currently having the exact same problem with my enrolment (also an incoming postgrad) was just wondering if you had got an answer from the university about this/figured this out? Any insight would be very appreciated! :’)

unfortunately I haven't managed to get a useful response from the university. The relevant contact is the email address for student billing that you can find if you click on 'contact us' on the form, but they haven't replied to any of my emails :frown: so you can try contacting them yourself if you like? But I'm not hopeful :/

I have actually filled in the form now though I'm unsure if I've actually done it right. For 'your own contribution' I put the full fee amount, and then selected my preference for how I'll be paying it under 'how do you wish to pay your part of the fee?'. For 'main sponsor contributing', I put 'none'. For 'who is paying the majority of your fees?' I put 'SLC'. That allowed me to submit the form without it saying I had forgotten to fill in a section, but as I'm not sure it's right, I'll leave it to your discretion whether to do the same. That's assuming you're getting a loan paid directly to you from SLC/SFE
Reply 5
Thank you so much for the reply! I did email student billing on Sunday, but I won’t hold out much hope now given your experience with them…

It’s so helpful to see how you filled out this section! Super annoying they haven’t been more helpful/given more guidance :/ I haven’t submitted yet but I did a cursory fill-out and I actually ended up with the same end result as you, so that’s reassuring!

I’m also getting a postgrad loan from SLC, so I figured it made sense to say that I was contributing the full amount considering that it’s coming from my bank account, and then to say that SLC is paying the majority of my fees at the bottom of the form.

Thanks so much again for your reply! I hope enrolment goes smoothly and that you have a great time on your course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest