The Student Room Group

Poor UKCAT score, where should I apply?

Hey. I recently took my UKCAT and got a score of 580 - which is average, but still it is not enough. I got 3 A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs for GCSE and I'm being predicted AAA for A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. I am gonna apply for Leeds Uni and Keele Uni and for the clinical sciences at bradford uni, but I need 2 more Med. schools where I could apply which don't really look at UKCAT scores...

Help?
could apply to aberdeen, i got 607.5 and thats where im applying
sanamalik1992
Hey. I recently took my UKCAT and got a score of 580 - which is average, but still it is not enough. I got 3 A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs for GCSE and I'm being predicted AAA for A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. I am gonna apply for Leeds Uni and Keele Uni and for the clinical sciences at bradford uni, but I need 2 more Med. schools where I could apply which don't really look at UKCAT scores...

Help?

liverpool obvs
Reply 3
What is a UKCAT score? :rolleyes:
sanamalik1992

Help?

Liverpool! they dont look at ukcat at all. We have similar grades, at ukcat i got 575 :frown: not a very good day for me...:eek:
Reply 5
The Khanmeister
Liverpool! they dont look at ukcat at all. We have similar grades, at ukcat i got 575 :frown: not a very good day for me...:eek:

Hey, yeah I were thinking Liverpool. Have you already applied to your medical schools? I need 1 more med school! ARGHHH. :P
Reply 6
I know someone who got 750!
sanamalik1992
Hey, yeah I were thinking Liverpool. Have you already applied to your medical schools? I need 1 more med school! ARGHHH. :P

Yeah, i very stupidly applied before taking my UKCAT. So im screwed for manchester and nottingham, but leeds and liverpool, i should be alright. If i had the chance i would change mancs to hull york. you should look at hull york HYMS.
Reply 8
The Khanmeister
Yeah, i very stupidly applied before taking my UKCAT. So im screwed for manchester and nottingham, but leeds and liverpool, i should be alright. If i had the chance i would change mancs to hull york. you should look at hull york HYMS.

Ahhh, but don't they start the admissions process after 15th Oct, and as you did your UKCAT test before this deadline date, I thought it wouldn't really affect it? .. Yeah I checked HYMS, but the admissions procedure seems really complex, and I fear it'll be too hard for me to get in :/
hi guys my name is fearghal, Im from the south of ireland and i only found out and registered for the UKCAT about 2 weeks ago.....took no courses got no books and, after only studying saturday and sunday, i had my test yesterday....i got 620-550-580-690. i got a 610 average
the quantitative really let me down as i didnt have enough time.... are these scores dreadful, average or good?????????/ thanks
Reply 10
I have the same problem, ive just done mine and got 580 too.
In one section though i got like 780 which is high compared to my others and is above average, will that help me in any way?
Two of my uni choices are manchester and keele, am i best not applying there now because of my UKCAT score?
Reply 11
Original post by Jemimah7
I have the same problem, ive just done mine and got 580 too.
In one section though i got like 780 which is high compared to my others and is above average, will that help me in any way?
Two of my uni choices are manchester and keele, am i best not applying there now because of my UKCAT score?

I suggest you may consider scraping Manchester probably. This is what they said " Applications are ranked by total UKCAT score. Top scoring applicants are invited for an interview, taking into account educational and demographic information for a full and rounded view of each applicant. It is important to note that the UKCAT threshold will vary each year depending on how many applications we receive and how they score on their UKCAT. As a guide, last year we interviewed candidates with a range of UKCAT scores between 1990 an 3160; the majority of applicants invited for interview had achieved a total UKCAT score of 2580 or above"

Also what have you got for your GCSE's, because Manchester requires 5 A's
don't Liverpool require gamsat tho?
Original post by Zodored15
don't Liverpool require gamsat tho?

This thread is seven years old. Please start a new thread with your question as I am closing this one.

Latest

Trending

Trending