The Student Room Group

Medicine admission in uk

I have received an 8 overall in IELTS exam with 8.5 - L,R, 7.5 - W, 8-S. I have received quite a low UKCAT score of 2380 and SJ band 3, however I have predicted 90% with a predicted in Biology as 93%. I have also completed and been given a certificate for 62 hours of doctor shadowing, completion of BSMS program and courses from Yale university and University of Michigan. Where will I get admission ???
Original post by anandi._.d
I have received an 8 overall in IELTS exam with 8.5 - L,R, 7.5 - W, 8-S. I have received quite a low UKCAT score of 2380 and SJ band 3, however I have predicted 90% with a predicted in Biology as 93%. I have also completed and been given a certificate for 62 hours of doctor shadowing, completion of BSMS program and courses from Yale university and University of Michigan. Where will I get admission ???

Unfortunately a low UCAT score combined with a low SJT band puts you in quite a difficult position. Admission itself depends on how good you perform in your interview (should you receive an interview offer). Might want to consider Keele and Aston. Have you considered taking the BMAT (less than a month away)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending