The Student Room Group

QR on UKCAT website a lot harder than Medify??

I just wanted to know which was more reflective of the actual exam. I had been averaging around 90% on the medify QR practice and mocks and then I tried the official UKCAT website and found it almost impossible.
QR on official UKCAT website is approximately a billion times harder than in the atual UKCAT exam, so don't worry. In fact, even Medify QR is more difficult than in the actual UKCAT. If you're averaging 90% on Medify, you should get 900/900 in your exam...
[No guarantees you will get that score, of course, but you'll find the questions far far easier].
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
QR on official UKCAT website is approximately a billion times harder than in the atual UKCAT exam, so don't worry. In fact, even Medify QR is more difficult than in the actual UKCAT. If you're averaging 90% on Medify, you should get 900/900 in your exam...
[No guarantees you will get that score, of course, but you'll find the questions far far easier].

Thank you so so much, I was getting so worried!
Original post by jackbrown3098
Thank you so so much, I was getting so worried!

No worries. :smile:
QR is literally the easiest section, don't worry about it all. In fact, I know people who completely neglected preparing for QR [because of how easy it was in the exam according to people who had taken the exam] and still managed to score in the 700s. You'll be fine.
QR is literally the easiest section, don't worry about it all. In fact, I know people who completely neglected preparing for QR [because of how easy it was in the exam according to people who had taken the exam] and still managed to score in the 700s. You'll be fine.

This puts my mind at ease a little. I have my ukcat tomorrow and I have found the qr questions almost impossible to answer. I'm doing ok on the other sections but couldn't believe how difficult the qr is on the ukcat mock exam.
Original post by jackbrown3098
I just wanted to know which was more reflective of the actual exam. I had been averaging around 90% on the medify QR practice and mocks and then I tried the official UKCAT website and found it almost impossible.

Was it the official ukcat QR question banks you found more difficult or the QR on the practice tests? I did the two QR question banks with a timer (26 minutes 40 seconds for the 40 questions) and i found it much harder than medify. Also how did you find the real thing in comparison to the ukcat question banks?
From what I can remember it was the official that I was talking about in this post. To be honest I found that they were basically the same as what I got in the exam. However someone else who also did the UKCAT said their QR was much much easier. I think it’s really hit or miss on how difficult the QR is, the other sections seemed pretty consistent in difficulty
Hello....Where are the UKCAT question banks that you refer to in your previous posts?I have been on their site and can only find a couple of questions for each section.....please help....UKCAT in 2 days....
Reply 8
I literally did my ukcat yesterday and got 2950 despite only getting 2490 on the offical practise tests two days before. Honestly, QR was easier in the real thing. Hardest in the official pt which is similar to medify. if you're getting good scores in those then you will smash actual thing. i barely maintained 600 during practise and achieved 730.
Hey, I am not getting a really good score even on medify QR, max I got is 650. Do you think I will actually find actual one easier. I’m so stressed, my actual exam is in 6 days 😭
Reply 10
Original post by Pakeezaarooj1
Hey, I am not getting a really good score even on medify QR, max I got is 650. Do you think I will actually find actual one easier. I’m so stressed, my actual exam is in 6 days 😭
same, I'm stressing, mine is tomorrow 😭
Original post by rosie_oop
same, I'm stressing, mine is tomorrow 😭

I hope the actual one is easy, don’t stress, just do it consider it another mock. This is what it is we can’t do anything now. Good luck 🤞 let me know how it goes for you tomorrow
Reply 12
I hope the actual one is easy, don’t stress, just do it consider it another mock. This is what it is we can’t do anything now. Good luck 🤞 let me know how it goes for you tomorrow 🥹

thank you, hopefully it goes well 🤞🤞
Reply 13
It’s p_arooj28 😊

i’ve requested you : )
Reply 14
I hope the actual one is easy, don’t stress, just do it consider it another mock. This is what it is we can’t do anything now. Good luck 🤞 let me know how it goes for you tomorrow

thank you, hopefully it goes well 🤞🤞

How did it go?
Reply 15
Original post by yonoice
How did it go?

i got 2720 and a band 2 which i’m happy with
Reply 16
i got 2720 and a band 2 which i’m happy with

Well done on your amazing score!

Quick Reply