The Student Room Group

Should I make a complaint about my local Gregg’s?

Hi, I know this is going to sound really petty but, my local Gregg’s never has any sandwiches ready on a morning, it’s the only shop where I can get my dinner on my 20 minuet walk to work; they only ever have pasties and sausage rolls ready on a morning but never any sandwiches (obviously I don’t want sausage rolls and pasties for dinner every day)

Its really starting to annoy me because I start work at 10AM and they open at 7AM so im their at around 9:45AM and still they have no healthy food ready :mad: , and they all seem to just stand around talking to each other rather than serve you :mad: (witch is probably why there is no sandwiches ready!)

The other day I was away for the weekend, and we had to get up early to get the train home and their was a Gregg’s in the train station and they had EVERYTHING ready (this was at 8AM) I asked the woman serving about it and she said that their suppose to have all sandwiches and pasties and so on prepared and out for customers to buy before 8.

She gave me a number to ring and make a complaint agonised my local, do you think I should or do you think I should leave it?

Scroll to see replies

Hey dnt dis greggs
yea why not - you are helping gregs and improving it for yourself and others.
Reply 3
Make a complaint, can't hurt and its not like they're going to know it's you - well the shop people won't anyway. What have you got to lose? If nothing changes then bring a packed lunch??
Complain, get their arses in to gear. I'm sure that there are loads of people out there who'd be willing to do their jobs properly.
Reply 5
I was about to say that it was fairly reasonable to not have sandwiches ready in the morning since nobody really eats them at that time, until the part about the other Gregg's you visited. After reading that, I think you should complain... It'll be anonymous (I presume), they'll never know it was you, and you'll get your sandwiches :smile:
Reply 6
emanuel_arsenalfc
Hey dnt dis greggs

This.

OP you could always just make your own sandwiches which will probably save you money and you'll be guarenteed something healthy. Either that or tell your own store that you hear din another greggs that all sandwiches are to be ready by 8 and see what they say.
no greggs ftw

if they have the sandwiches ready before 8, havent you thought then that as you go just before 10, maybe people have already bought the sandwiches?

and im not sure you can complain about one branch, as it normally ends up being a complaint to the whole company and then Greggs will have to close down and no one will get sandwiches

a bit drastic but you have to think of these things
Reply 8
Anon the 7th
no greggs ftw

if they have the sandwiches ready before 8, havent you thought then that as you go just before 10, maybe people have already bought the sandwiches?

and im not sure you can complain about one branch, as it normally ends up being a complaint to the whole company and then Greggs will have to close down and no one will get sandwiches

a bit drastic but you have to think of these things

A) Becouse surely they would not ALL be sold out?
B) I have been asked to come into work early a few times and their still where none ready
C) (just interested) if that did happen then wouldent they make more anyway?
Reply 9
Complain
You have a fair point plus it would be helping them out as you would be buying their produce if it was available when you needed it to be. Seems odd they have sausage rolls ready at that time but not sandwiches, surely the hot produce needs to be replenished quicker than the sandwiches if they don't sell within a certain timeframe.
Reply 11
There was a beast girl working in one of the local Greggs here. She was really, really rude to people and I'm guessing she was disciplined because she all of a sudden started to be polite and actually give decent customer service. So I think they do take complaints on an individual basis.
Reply 12
You should complain, I've never known a Gregg's to not have sandwiches (unless it's right next to a school or college and post-lunchtime).
complain a few times so it seems like its not only you
Reply 14
DanielNewton
Hi, I know this is going to sound really petty but, my local Gregg’s never has any sandwiches ready on a morning, it’s the only shop where I can get my dinner on my 20 minuet walk to work; they only ever have pasties and sausage rolls ready on a morning but never any sandwiches (obviously I don’t want sausage rolls and pasties for dinner every day)

Its really starting to annoy me because I start work at 10AM and they open at 7AM so im their at around 9:45AM and still they have no healthy food ready , and they all seem to just stand around talking to each other rather than serve you (witch is probably why there is no sandwiches ready!)

The other day I was away for the weekend, and we had to get up early to get the train home and their was a Gregg’s in the train station and they had EVERYTHING ready (this was at 8AM) I asked the woman serving about it and she said that their suppose to have all sandwiches and pasties and so on prepared and out for customers to buy before 8.

She gave me a number to ring and make a complaint agonised my local, do you think I should or do you think I should leave it?
Yes, you should most definitely make a complaint. If they're supposed to have sandwiches ready and they don't, then they're not doing what they're supposed to, and they need reprimanding. That could be losing a lot of custom for the company.
I wanted to pos rep you because what you say I agree with and I think it's hilarious as well but not in a bad way.

I have the same problem when it comes to lunch time. The sandwiches of my choice runs out or they haven't prepared it yet. That means my whole lunch plan is in jeopardy.
Reply 16
I sense an opportunity here. A demand for a product that an existing business is failing to supply. Start your own sandwich shop next door.
Reply 17
dinner = breakfast?
Reply 18
You might as well make a complaint - might change it.

Whenever my mum and I walk past any branch of Gregg's we say 'Gregg's the bakers' in really bad northern accents.
DanielNewton

Its really starting to annoy me because I start work at 10AM and they open at 7AM so im their at around 9:45AM and still they have no healthy food ready :mad: , and they all seem to just stand around talking to each other rather than serve you :mad: (witch is probably why there is no sandwiches ready!)

Sandwiches healthy :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending