The Student Room Group
Further away definitely, wouldn't want my parents to call in on me unannounced, and it gives you a better sense of independence than the people who go home every weekend. Where's the fun in that?!
have you found unis that fit both, and that you are happy to go to, thats more important
my uni is what hour, hour half where where i live, it plays no affect, parents don't turn up unannounced, i'm not miles away when i need to get home, each to there own, with you want to go further afield that is down to you
depends on you obviously

i personally went away from home but not too far and its just right for me tbh
Reply 4
I think I'd go for far away personally. I like the idea of living somewhere else.
Further away. I suppose technically I fall in your "staying closer" category because it's 2 hours by train, but I moved from Manchester to London and I'd still call that further afield.

It's much more exciting knowing I can't just ring up and be like "Oh there's not much on, can I pop up to see you tomorrow?" or any other things like that. It feels like a bigger step on, if you stay nearby you might feel like you haven't progressed as much; I would anyway.
I'm about 3 to 4 hours away from home. If you had asked me how I found living further away from home last year I would probably have said great but then this year I wish I could have been just a little closer to home with my dad in hospital.
Reply 7
It depends on you, but remember if you want to visit home/ go back in the holidays- 4 hours is quite a trek. Most importantly you need to pick somewhere you can see yourself living the next 3 years or so, whether it's 1 hour or 4 hours away.

Im about 2 and a half hours away, for me it feels like im ages away from home, probs about as far as id want to go to uni- i would have kinda liked it a little bit closer because it would make going home easier etc. but i love the uni and that's what matters the most.

Latest

Trending

Trending