The Student Room Group

Work hard - Party hard

In my experience clubbing is best enjoyed in a state of moderate intoxication. However, I don't want to wake up the next morning with crap skin and a raging hangover.
Ideally I'd like to follow a night out with a day's productive work in the library. I can do this after only a few hours sleep. However a night on the booze results in a wasted morning the next day.
Is there any way I can follow intoxication with work. I'd like to avoid illegal substances if poss.
Reply 1
Coffee :smile:
Reply 2
Water. Pre-load before you go. Two pints when you get home. Two pints when you wake up.
Reply 3
Put a pint of water next to your bed before you go to sleep. I usually wake up with a raging thirst, down the pint, then go back to sleep again and wake up with a hangover a little less painful than the usual.
Water! I cannot emphasise how much water helps, try and have a sip of water between drinks. Drink two pints before you go out, and two pints when you get home, and drink it in the morning Try and have a nice substantial meal in the morning, and of course coffee and maybe some vitamins!
Doesn't putting a little bit of orange juice in help for vitamin C?
Reply 6
down like 5 litres of water mixed with vitamin c after a night out and also ake 2-3 multivitamin tablets after a night out. next morning you ll be fresh. i always do it.
Reply 7
Renal
Water. Pre-load before you go. Two pints when you get home. Two pints when you wake up.

Best advice around. Pint or two of water before you go to bed makes such a difference!
Just give up drinking alcohol.

No good comes from drinking alcohol.

:smile:
Reply 9
Renal

This- along with a couple of slices of toast to soak the booze up :p:
drink plenty of water after drinking before you go to bed

theres also some hangover cures around on the internet :teeth:
Reply 11
Only get moderately intoxicated?

Eating and drinking before going to bed really does help. Put it out on a plate next to your bed before you go out and force yourself to eat it when you come back.
Don't try and fry halloumi when you come back from a night out. It doesn't cure any hangovers and is so much more trouble than it is worth. :colondollar:
Pro Plus
Lots of water
Agree with moderate, for me is about 5/6 units, enough to be carefree but not enough for a hangover :smile:
Reply 15
A few pints when you get in. A fry up with a big mug of tea and glass of orange juice in the morning...

Latest

Trending

Trending