The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

scissor cut all over. side fringe same style but shorter. keep the sideburn bits
sounds gay
3 everywhere. Or sometimes when I'm bored, I risk it and go for a specific style...:p:
Reply 42
I see the short styles are popular on here.

I just ask for a tidy up around the back and sides, straight across at the back and a trim on top. He cuts it just less than half on top.
I always ask for a trim, and a bit more off the back. I have fairly long hair, though
Reply 44
"couple inches off everywhere, and thin the sides a bit please. oh, and don't take too much off the front bit, plz."
I do mine myself... it's not that hard to shave the sides of my head. :p:
If I'm lazy then I get dad to do it.
I'm bored of just having them neaten it up. Plus, whenever they shave the sides it grows out at 90º to my head.

What actual styles do people ask for? If ever.
Reply 47
"cut it short please"

The barber knows what to do, I've been there so many times xD

I think it's like, number 2 back and sides (or it might've been number 3) and then he does something else :p:
before i grew my hair:
1.5 on top fade to skin on sides, with simple patterns if i felt it

now with a fro:
just shape it up please :p: not too much off
4 back and sides, short on top.
Reply 50
Dark Caesar...

and please don't **** it up this time.
Reply 51
Blatant Troll
One all over please

standard
Reply 52
I normally have a 3 on the top and just reasonably short elsewhere. I go to a half-way decent hairdressers though so they know what I'm after.
Mad Vlad
"Please... sort it out."

lol
Reply 54
Blade 4 on the sides, scissor cut on top and blend it in. Natural at the back and square sideburns.
I go to supercuts, not a barber
and just say do what you think's best
supercuts seem to train all their staff to give me the exact same haircut, so I like it
Reply 56
"errrrr........

...mmmmm.....like take a bit off the sides. and off the top. but more off the sides. and thin it out a bit. what do you think? yeah maybe about an inch off the sides. ok maybe a little more than that. and on the top? yeah thats about right"

It always seems to go ok but i think it must be really annoying for them. I went to toni and guy last time though, it was bloody expensive but they did a great job and i had let it grow all summer so it needed doing.
Reply 57
2 on top, skinfade, shape up the beard :wink:
Usually 5 on the sides and scissors on top :yes:
Number 2 around the sides and back and trimmed to match on top.

Either that or just Number 2 all over.

Latest

Trending

Trending