The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're ready to buck-up and do more practice, then I'd go for it :smile:
medbh4805
you will find maths extremely difficult and I would advise against it. My school won't allow you to do maths unless you have done additional maths as well.

Lol that's a stupid rule.

OP if you put effort into it i'm sure you can get what you need for uni, go for it. :yy:
I hope realise that economics degree is very mathematical, if you just aiming for a C and get in you may struggle with degree economics but then again it all depends on how much you work.
Reply 4
I did maths about 2 years ago and got a C. Now I am doing AS, finding it really hard, but i'm giving it a go :smile:

Good luck and work really hard with whatever you decide to do.
Reply 5
moneymakerRP
I got GCSE Maths C and I believe im not that strong at maths but I need to achieve a grade C in AS level maths in order to do economics and uni. I have never done A level maths before but I believe I can study this year. Do you guys think I am capable of getting a grade C at AS Level Maths and if so what exam board should I go for?

You will find it very very difficult! Have you thought about where you are going to get extra support from to provide the help you'll need? Why do you ask which awarding body to go for, does you school/college allow you to choose or are you planning to self study? Teaching yourself off the back of a C would be a very considerable mountain to climb - what is your plan for learning the material? Regardless of the difficulty you should give it a go and find out what you are capable of, you will always regret the missed opportunity if you don't.... but be realistic and start thinking about other options for your future in case it doesn't work out.
Students who attain grade A at GCSE mathematics do not always succeed at AS Level. It isn't impossible with a grade C but you will certainly struggle OP.

Latest