The Student Room Group

A Complete Waste of Money

Just letting you know that the Learning and Skills Council has allocated £330,000 for rebranding North Devon and East Devon College after their merger. They hired the No. 1 branding company (Interbrand) to come up with the name and logo:

Petroc is a cornish name as well :mad:

Why did they waste this money when they could have been spending it on much more important things! Could they not have used the schools Graphic Design students?

Will7805
Just letting you know that the Learning and Skills Council has allocated £330,000 for rebranding North Devon and East Devon College after their merger. They hired the No. 1 branding company (Interbrand) to come up with the name and logo:

Why did they waste this money when they could have been spending it on much more important things! Could they not have used the schools Graphic Design students?

:sigh:

I thought you were talking about the Olympics - think how embarrassing that's going to be, especially after China's performances. What was up with the "London Bus" routine? :lolwut:
Reply 2
Muppety_Kid

:sigh:

I thought you were talking about the Olympics - think how embarrassing that's going to be, especially after China's performances. What was up with the "London Bus" routine? :lolwut:

I dont think anyone will really compare us with china - completely different olympic ethos
Will7805
I dont think anyone will really compare us with china - completely different olympic ethos

In what way?

I can just foresee this being a massive "FAIL.". It just wasn't impressive, and the thing in China looked (to me, at least) like something a group of students would put together in half an hour!
Branding agencies are a waste of time.
Will7805

I love how "the number 1 branding company" has such a **** brand name.
Reply 6
On a boat ride down the Thames a few years ago, the "guide" told us about one of the buildings we could see:
The government hired an agency to come up with a name for it. After 3 years and over £1million, the agency came up with "Town Hall". Not even joking. Such a pathetic waste of money.

Latest

Trending

Trending