The Student Room Group

Pembrokeshire Online College Review

So this isn't really a question, rather a review to acquaint people not to dish out £700 on a useless "online learning course".
At the begining of the academic year I decided I wanted to have a shot at going to one of the countries top universities and so decided to do a computer science A-level in one year along with my maths A level, physics A level and IT BTEC. I started looking online for some sort of online course to help guide me, I stumbled across Pembrokeshire Online College. I reluctantly put together £700 (which was 5 months work for me at the time) expecting to be in safe hands.

When starting the course you are presented with a page of topics, each topic has multiple homework questions all of which can be found in a £40 book provided when you start the course; the answers on an online PDF. Furthermore other recourses provided included a free and openly accessible youtube channel "craig n dave" and a couple of other free sites. Given I had spent so much money I assumed the tuition would be excellent and maybe expected a few videos put together by the organisers if not a few online lessons a month, I was gravely mistaken. The tutor for my course, Russell, took sometimes days to respond and rarely helped me understand any concepts. His marking for the homework took days and he was more fussed about me uploading it in the correst pdf format than actually marking it (I still don't understand why a jpeg or word doc didn't surfice).

So, on value for money? Awful. I spent over £700 on a £40 book. I ended up completing the course by myself using free online recourses such as seneca and youtube which were far, far more useful. They didn't even seemed fussed about me completing the course, they got my money and they were done with me. A complete scam. I can't believe that these people are really out there scamming children.

Just buy a book and revise online. Please do not put your faith in Pembrokeshire Online College.
I have had exactly the same experience with her daughter and same tutor - Avoid waste of money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending