The Student Room Group

Access to HE course - Uni of Manchester

Hello, I’m currently studying an access to HE humanities and social sciences course with 15 credits in English. I’m aiming to study English Literature at either Uni of York or Uni of Manchester, when I turn 20 next year. Does anyone know their views on access courses? I know Uni of Leeds can be a bit funny about things like this.
The majority of UK universities accept access courses. I am currently at Durham and I had completed an access course.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
The majority of UK universities accept access courses. I am currently at Durham and I had completed an access course.

Did you complete any A levels alongside it? Did you have to get distinctions in every unit? Also, which degree are you studying?
Original post by Lauren 28119
Did you complete any A levels alongside it? Did you have to get distinctions in every unit? Also, which degree are you studying?

A) No, do not waste your time or money doing A-Levels, if you did not do those after school then move on. Besides, you do not have to pay for an Access course, an advanced learner loan can cover those.
B) No, the standard for the majority of very good universities is usually 30 distinctions and 15 merits. Obviously other institutions will ask for less.
C) Anthropology and Archaeology (They offered me a contextual for whatever reason, an easy 30 merits and 15 distinctions)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending