The Student Room Group

British Council 2009-2010 - Spain

This thread is has two parts:

i) Is anyone else (thinking about) applying to Spain for a British Council Placement?

ii) I need some advice! :/
I'm applying for a British Council teaching placement in Spain for 2009-2010 as part of my year abroad. On the form I've put down a preference for primary schools in Madrid, Cataluna or Navarre (in that order). I'm filling in the 'Why' part of the form, and I was told that if you really have a preference to put it in there. I really want to go to Madrid, but I'm having a hard time putting any reasons onto paper!
So far I've come up with the fact that I'm a Politics student, and Madrid is the capital of the country as well as the capital of the autonomous region of Madrid. (Not very eloquently put, I know!)
Could anyone help me think of some good, solid reasons for a placement in Madrid?

:smile:
Maxie Payne
This thread is has two parts:

i) Is anyone else (thinking about) applying to Spain for a British Council Placement?

ii) I need some advice! :/
I'm applying for a British Council teaching placement in Spain for 2009-2010 as part of my year abroad. On the form I've put down a preference for primary schools in Madrid, Cataluna or Navarre (in that order). I'm filling in the 'Why' part of the form, and I was told that if you really have a preference to put it in there. I really want to go to Madrid, but I'm having a hard time putting any reasons onto paper!
So far I've come up with the fact that I'm a Politics student, and Madrid is the capital of the country as well as the capital of the autonomous region of Madrid. (Not very eloquently put, I know!)
Could anyone help me think of some good, solid reasons for a placement in Madrid?

:smile:

So honetly why exactly do you want to go to Madrid? It's well expensive you know? I don't know how students afford to live here. I wouldn't advise you go to Catalunya unless you speak Catalan. I had a really hard time in a sch there - kids and staff would frequently refuse to speak Castilian with me.

That politics reason is pretty wishy washy if you ask me. Try going down the lines of 'because there is a more neutral accent' and 'because you have an interest in history and culture'.

Latest

Trending

Trending