The Student Room Group

SFE funding if I'm working abroad for a few months?

I have been accepted for a job with the British Council language assistant programme to start working in Spain from October to May, and would like to also do a distance-learning Masters through the Open University while I'm there, but not sure if this makes me ineligible for funding? I won't be a resident of Spain, just residing there very temporarily, but I don't want to do anything incorrectly.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by katieanneeee
I have been accepted for a job with the British Council language assistant programme to start working in Spain from October to May, and would like to also do a distance-learning Masters through the Open University while I'm there, but not sure if this makes me ineligible for funding? I won't be a resident of Spain, just residing there very temporarily, but I don't want to do anything incorrectly.
Thank you :smile:

Hi there,

When are you looking to start your distance learning course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
It'll be in October too, I believe the start date is the first week of October, similar to my start date for the job in Spain
Original post by katieanneeee
It'll be in October too, I believe the start date is the first week of October, similar to my start date for the job in Spain

Hi Katie,

Thanks - to be eligible for student finance from us you need to be living in the UK during your course. So, you won't be entitled to funding during your time in Spain. However, you may be eligible for funding once you've returned to the UK.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending