The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
rockrunride
Sorry, Nottingham?

Firstly, you said everyone, not "everyone ... in Greater London".

Second, you don't need to live in London to know that nobody was any safer in London under Livingston. 7/7 happened, de Menezes was killed. Ok, crime stats rise and fall but it was pretty much the same.

Suggesting I have no idea just because I don't live there is an ad hominem. I have family in London, I visit a least every 3 months, I watch the news, etc.
Reply 21
Ha, what a ledge.

"Well he cheated death, and death is the one thing you're allowed to cheat."
Reply 22
boris :smile: your the guy
A group of young girls who ran away from Boris :rofl: Modern day cavalry on his bike.
Good for him, the floppy haired hero.
Reply 25
ahaha you gotta' love Boris :biggrin:
Reply 26

Got to love him :biggrin:!
I wonder what would of happened if I chased off a group of young girls with an iron bar. Not to sure if the police would like that too much.
Reply 28
ChaoticMaster
I wonder what would of happened if I chased off a group of young girls with an iron bar. Not to sure if the police would like that too much.

They'd think "whys this looser need an Iron bar, old Boris scared them off unarmed"
Reply 29
Planned stunt?
Craig_D
Firstly, you said everyone, not "everyone ... in Greater London".

Second, you don't need to live in London to know that nobody was any safer in London under Livingston. 7/7 happened, de Menezes was killed. Ok, crime stats rise and fall but it was pretty much the same.

Suggesting I have no idea just because I don't live there is an ad hominem. I have family in London, I visit a least every 3 months, I watch the news, etc.

Okay, whatever you think about Ken Livingstone, I think it is pretty harsh to blame him for 7/7 happening :lolwut:

But Boris chasing "oiks" away on his bike :rofl: Legend :biggrin:
Though he probably should have more security :s-smilie:
I just want to see the day where Boris starts patrolling the streets of London dressed in a cape, fighting crime.
Good on him!
AP.
Planned stunt?

Haha I thought I was too much of a cynic to be thinking this. But possibly? Boris loves fame and recognition.
Reply 34
I laughed so much when I read this...'my knight on a shining bicycle' :rofl:

I just can't take him seriously after appearing on eastenders and all :p:
LOL heard this on my way to college this morning.. gotta love Boris Johnson and his wacky hair!
rockrunride
Sorry, I didn't know his influence was felt in Nottingham.

I live in London and I'm afraid to say I agree with the dislike of Ken Livingstone. I think the fact he had 8 years to do what you're suggesting, and didn't, is a fair comment.

And to the story: I love Boris even more now, if humanly possible. He's hardly threatening - oiks...? What language.
Reply 37
I like Boris as a person, he's hillarious and a total individual - very intelligent too despite his blundery style.

I don't agree with his policies and didn't want him as mayor, or in any position of power really, but still. I like him.
OMG ROFL! Lol!

'Oik', eh? Interesting word!
Reply 39
Arnie Pie In The Sky
Haha I thought I was too much of a cynic to be thinking this. But possibly? Boris loves fame and recognition.

Im thinking the same thing.

All sounds a bit iffy and an Iron bar(havnt they got knives now?) and it just happened to be someone whos done stuff in their life and is an activist!

Latest

Trending

Trending