The Student Room Group

Millenials' music reaction videos

I see there are hundreds or thousands of them on Youtube, (looks like the top 80s/90s bands have become a rite of passage.)

Why? I guess to connect with people and share the experience. Back in the day it was discos, parties concerts and the car stereo, then wear badges, hairstyle or t-shirts to show your “tribe”.

The heart and soul those musicians put into their craft is appreciated.
In-car-entertainment.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By listening to consecutive songs some discover that these musicians were multi-genre and could take them on a rollercoaster ride in the album, or even intra-song, e.g. Radiohead.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Indian take (ff to 6:30), she seems to get every nuance . . . I think he's going to be an accountant

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
coool reaction to an even cooooler song

Reply 4
OK, reacting to reactors . . . some are boring, they have nothing much to say, they are too "cool", but some really enjoy the music and others appreciate it because they themselves are musicians . .. both "add".

I got invited onto one of those videos but kicked off set because apparently the chicken song being played wasn't an excuse to throw a chicken on the floor and eat it without using my hands. Yo if you skip to 1:01 and reverse it you can faintly hear boris johnson saying "blimpomnigadooigi" and if you put that through spotify ten times you get directed the secret illuminati home page but I didn't tell you that. Anyway these videos exist because lots of channels try to hop on the trend before it dies out like the dinosaurs, well i say die out but they're really being kept in an underground laboratory under the house of commons
Reply 6
Ok does anyone want to do a reaction written or video?
Choose your genre.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
thIs dude ain't no millenial but he digs Heart, "she is music".
Some bands are better live.

Reply 8
YouTube search "Pink Floyd Time Reaction" - many get emotionally connected
Reply 9
Very honest comparison at the end

Reply 10
some Pink Floyd stuff like "comfortably numb" and "time" provokes an emotional reaction in some, especially women. . . . Roger Waters realised time just slips by and most people don't realise it until it's too late when he reached 29 and saw that he wasn't preparing for anything in life.

Reply 11
I recall the days of cassettes, and video players.
Reply 12
The Americans are getting into our comedy too (includes snorting)

Reply 13
Eurovision special:

"wow! that is a note"

Reply 14
Watch the "teens react to" or "do xyz know 80s/90s music" those can be quite good.

Some of the ones they don't know though can be absolutely jaw dropping
Reply 15
Millennial plays 80s Defender, Jo idea!
Watch from 5:12

How a pro plays (no social media in those days, but you got more adrenalin)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
"I feel drawn . . .it's different"

I really like these. Especially when they do weird bands I love.

Reply 18
This girl finds Mozza's romanitic lyrics hard to stomach, guess that's why he remained single

Reply 19
On a more up-beat note . . .

Quick Reply

Latest