The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ewan
Hmm I know little about Asian pop. The only artists music I have are Yui, Scandal, Perfume & Maaya Sakamoto + lots of random anime OSTs. Can anyone recommend me some other female artists (pref JPop but open to KPop too).

[pls quote when reply]

Well...I have a lot of J-Pop suggestions...but I'll just stick with a few. :tongue:

1) Mika Nakashima

I suggest to you a song called Yuki no Hana...I'm sure you heard of it before.

2) Namie Amuro.

I'm sure you heard of "Come".

3) Koda Kumi

She's the sexy type of girl.

4) Crystal Kay

Very talented...she's half black and half-Korean...but she speaks Japanese.

5) BONNIE PINK

As for K-Pop...there are a lot of videos of girl groups that I've seen throughout the thread.
Reply 581
SNSD - Hoot MV :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Sooyoung looks really skinny and boney ;/

I quite like it. Si-Won is in it too.
Reply 582
Original post by zero_Gravity91
Well...I have a lot of J-Pop suggestions...but I'll just stick with a few. :tongue:

Mika Nakashima is really really good, know any others like her? The rest are so so for me anyway :s-smilie: Namie Amuro is alright, I liked that song you posted but not much of her other stuff :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 583
G Dragon - Heartbreaker... its been mentioned on here before but i laavee it, every time i hear it it makes me want to dance...and then feel sad cause i cant dance :smile:

on another note, my friend was talking to some girl from another country on a chat room and managed to persuade her that she was called G Dragon and even sent over a picture of G Dragon. needless to say the girl had never heard of G Dragon so it kind of lost its magic :P
Reply 584
Ima leave this here...

Anyone else listens to Perfume?
Original post by Carlos.D
SNSD - Hoot MV :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Sooyoung looks really skinny and boney ;/

I quite like it. Si-Won is in it too.

Sweet...it's finally out! :tongue:
Original post by ussumane
Ima leave this here...

Yes...I listen to Perfume and I love some of their songs!

Let me post some that I like!

1. NIGHT FLIGHT

2. Secret Secret

3. Chocolate Disco

4. Baby cruising love

This is the miss you remix (with m-flo).

5. Polyrhythm

This is the come again remix (with m-flo).

6. One Room Disco

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ewan
Mika Nakashima is really really good, know any others like her? The rest are so so for me anyway :s-smilie: Namie Amuro is alright, I liked that song you posted but not much of her other stuff :s-smilie:

Eh...i don't really know. Mika Nakashima has done songs in a lot of different genres...so you can listen to her other songs...but her main genre is Ballad. She has also done a lot of songs with a jazz and/or reggae beat.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 588
Yes...I listen to Perfume and I love some of their songs!

Let me post some that I like!

1. NIGHT FLIGHT

4. Baby cruising love

LOL

:awesome:!

Baby cruising love was the first song I heard from them...but it was a bit different...

(edited 13 years ago)
:awesome:!

Baby cruising love was the first song I heard from them...but it was a bit different...

Oh my god...that was freakier than I thought. :eek:

Now I'm speechless. :redface:
Ima leave this here...

Has the full version of that song been released yet? I'm slowly getting back into Jpop. My first and favourite Perfume song is this one

And to continue with my Jpop post...

Reply 591
Hey all, I've recently been updating my Jpop music catalogue and I've got a nice wide range of music. But my cpop and kpop collection is looking a little bare (actually they're pretty much non-existent). Could anyone give me a few chinese and korean artists to get the ball rolling?

I already know of a few artists; Super Junior, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls for Korea; Wang Lee Hom and Jay Chou for China. I'm not just looking for mainstream though, I'd like to hear a few of the lesser-known artists too :smile:

To give you an idea of the kinda music I'm into, here's some of my favourite Japanese artists:

Ringo Shiina (Favourite)
Kuraki Mai (Second fave)
aiko
Do As Infinity
Otsuka Ai
Gackt
HYDE
Horie Yui (I know she's a seiyuu but still love her tracks!)
Utada Hikaru
Amuro Namie
Shimatani Hitomi

I realise a lot of these are out of date, I'm working on getting all the tracks for the artists I already have before checking out some current stuff :smile:

Cheers all!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 592
Original post by goldenGAZE
Has the full version of that song been released yet? I'm slowly getting back into Jpop. My first and favourite Perfume song is this one

I know it will be released in November, but I'm not sure of the exact date

And that AKBA48 there's so many of them :eek:

I like the Perfume song. :smile:

KARA has a new MV? It's in Japanese though! :eek:
I like the Perfume song. :smile:

KARA has a new MV? It's in Japanese though! :eek:

I heard that the MV was leaked but i don't know if it's true. It's for their second single in Japan (which will be released 11th November if i remember right). It's really catchy right, they seem soo jpop too.

I know it will be released in November, but I'm not sure of the exact date

And that AKBA48 there's so many of them :eek:

Hahaha, it's only one team in that video, i think they're divided into 3 or 4 team (i'm still very new to this group).

I found out Perfume's new song is going to be released when Kara release their Japanese single...ohh competition!

Now to share some K-hiphop, a relatively new group.

(edited 13 years ago)
I heard that the MV was leaked but i don't know if it's true. It's for their second single in Japan (which will be released 11th November if i remember right). It's really catchy right, they seem soo jpop too.

Hahaha, it's only one team in that video, i think they're divided into 3 or 4 team (i'm still very new to this group).

I found out Perfume's new song is going to be released when Kara release their Japanese single...ohh competition!

Now to share some K-hiphop, a relatively new group.

Ah...so the MV was leaked. Oh well...I like it. :smile:

Isn't it good that it's so J-pop? :tongue:

I love Perfume's new song!
Ah...so the MV was leaked. Oh well...I like it. :smile:

Isn't it good that it's so J-pop? :tongue:

I love Perfume's new song!

I think it's great it sounds soo jpop, it shows that Kara are serious about entering the Japanese market. I've had the song on replay since it's release, so catchy~
I think it's great it sounds soo jpop, it shows that Kara are serious about entering the Japanese market. I've had the song on replay since it's release, so catchy~

Yeah...it's so catchy and I'm addicted to it!

I heard that the Korean version will be coming out days after the Japanese version is out. :tongue:
Reply 598
i cant believe i havent seen this thread before. i love kpop and jpop. not so much cpop.
my faves:
SHINee
super junior
snsd
big bang
2ne1
se7en
rain
mblaq
beast
2pm
BEG
ss501
dalmation
co-ed
u-kiss
f(x)
G.Na
CNBlue
infinite

lol u get the idea
Original post by humy369
i cant believe i havent seen this thread before. i love kpop and jpop. not so much cpop.
my faves:
SHINee
super junior
snsd
big bang
2ne1
se7en
rain
mblaq
beast
2pm
BEG
ss501
dalmation
co-ed
u-kiss
f(x)
G.Na
CNBlue
infinite

lol u get the idea

Whoa...that is one long list that you have.

Do you have any underrated singers that you like? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest