The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZombieYoshi
I downloaded 2AM's discography the other day, and just listened to it properly for the first time as I did some homework. I've got to say, I didn't dislike a single song. At this rate I could very much see them becoming one of my favourite groups.
Also listened to SHINee's new mini-album too, and it's not bad either. Especially like 'The Reason', which is playing as I type this.

Yeah! I really loved the music video for "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me"!

[video="youtube;GVijHaeEwyg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVijHaeEwyg[/video]
Original post by goldenGAZE
Ailee is seriously the best thing that's happened to Kpop in a LONG LONG time. Soo talented.

Wow...her voice just blew me away!
Original post by DeanFoley
I have "Bang!" from After-school on my phone, and I love K-dramas and C-dramas as well.

After school is great.

and F(x) too.
Reply 1183
Guise. My feelings...

I have so much excitement. :ahee:

Though I have to say, The Reason is probably my favourite song on the album...
[video="youtube;gyXy0m-4bvE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXy0m-4bvE&ob=av2n[/video]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1185
Original post by Paramore<3
Guise. My feelings...

I have so much excitement. :ahee:

Though I have to say, The Reason is probably my favourite song on the album...

Cannot wait! :biggrin:
My favourite has to be Honesty. It's an amazing song and the lyrics are beautiful. And the fact that Jonghyun wrote it is a major plus.
Reply 1186
I NEED 2NE1's JAPANESE ALBUM NOW!!! :nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo::nooo:
Reply 1187
Original post by humy369
Cannot wait! :biggrin:
My favourite has to be Honesty. It's an amazing song and the lyrics are beautiful. And the fact that Jonghyun wrote it is a major plus.

I love that too, it was so different from everything else... and even in the most acoustic song going, they still slotted in a Minho rap. :tongue:
Definitely, he's a top writer. He wrote Obsession too, right? Which is probably my ultimate favourite SHINee song.

*Incoherent feelings* :love:
I'm
So
Curious
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
Reply 1189
Original post by ZombieYoshi
I'm
So
Curious
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Give it up, give it up, for Shinaaaaaaay
Original post by IEatNoodles
But i Swear they are saying Loly Poly and not "Roly" o.o

They are saying that. I personally love how they pronounce Roly Poly like Lawlee Pawlee - toooo cute :biggrin:

Original post by NightShroud
[video="youtube;gyXy0m-4bvE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXy0m-4bvE&ob=av2n[/video]

I really like this song. Pledis has so many good artists.

Anyone liking EXO-M and K? I prefer EXO-M more than EXO-K though atm.
They seemed okay, nothing too special just yet though I didn't think... I prefer K, but that's mainly because I just hate the sound of Chinese to begin with. Although the M version of their second song didn't sound too bad.
Original post by chr1stopher11
They are saying that. I personally love how they pronounce Roly Poly like Lawlee Pawlee - toooo cute :biggrin:

I really like this song. Pledis has so many good artists.

Anyone liking EXO-M and K? I prefer EXO-M more than EXO-K though atm.

I don't know why, but I feel that EXO-K is better than EXO-M. There's something about it that makes me feel that their version is better (and no, it's not Kai).
Reply 1193
Original post by Paramore<3
I love that too, it was so different from everything else... and even in the most acoustic song going, they still slotted in a Minho rap. :tongue:
Definitely, he's a top writer. He wrote Obsession too, right? Which is probably my ultimate favourite SHINee song.

*Incoherent feelings* :love:

Yep :biggrin: He wrote Alarm Clock as well. He should write more of SHINee's lyrics.
Reply 1194
I'm find SHINee's new album sounds a bit similar to their previous song Juliette...might just be me though... However in LOVE with BigBangs comeback...still singing their songs! BOOMSHAKALAKA :biggrin:
Reply 1195
does anyone like Brave Girls?
their comeback song 'Nowadays You' is amazing!!! :headbang:
Reply 1196
[video="youtube;mgrIbzFBazk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgrIbzFBazk[/video]
Love me some J-pop :colondollar:
I find it hard to believe that I only found this thread now! :biggrin:
I first began learning Japanese after listening to so much J-pop that I was picking up words, and I'm considering starting Korean study in the summer for the same reason 8D

J-pop favourites: Kanjani8, Arashi (shameless fangirl here!), Momoiro Clover, Hello! Project, OK ONE ROCK (not really pop but still awesome), MiChi (who lived in Birmingham!).

With K-pop, I find it hard to understand or get in the team mentality fanclubs seem to have D: So I just like certain songs (there are a lot of awesome ones) and not really certain groups.

Recently, I really love Volume Up by 4Minute and History by EXO 8D
Original post by chococherry
thank you so much for starting this thread, i can finally extend my knowledge in asian music!! :biggrin:

i love kpop!! i am currently addicted to it, but unfortunately unless you have a lot of asian friends, you are stuck with pretty much enjoying it on your own! :tumble:

anyway i didnt see much of DBSK on this thread (or did i just completely miss like a massive comment with them?:rolleyes: lol)
and i love their "wrong number" and "mirotic"!!! they are my fave songs hands down!!

AWWW i know how you feel, i have a big group of friends and within it only one of my friend and i are crazy about k pop and we don't really have any one else to spazzz about about k pop with so i'm praying i make alot of k pop obsessed friends when i go to sixth form (Plus they don't have to be Asian, my friend and i are asian (South asians), but that does not always mean that asian friends will equal kpop and jpop obsessed ( i know beacuse i spazz about super junior ALOT to my chinese friend, but i know she can't care less loool) ,and i''ve seen alot of people who are not asian who are equally obsessed with k pop. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest