The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy
Sadly my trip is now unlikely but on the off-chance I still go to Korea:
1. How bad is the rain during the monsoon season and do you suggest avoiding it all costs?
2. Is there enough attractions within and around Seoul for a 1 week trip or do you suggest going to other places?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hello, I think that guy might be a fake account but I can tell you the monsoons are intermittent. It's torrential or it's sunny. The main problem is the utterly unbearable humidity. Which month are you going?

There's plenty around Seoul to fill your time for a week. Loads of different palaces, all the shopping areas, Namsan Tower, and the other well-known tourist spots. If you want to know more let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stuart_aitken
Hello, I think that guy might be a fake account but I can tell you the monsoons are intermittent. It's torrential or it's sunny. The main problem is the utterly unbearable humidity. Which month are you going?

There's plenty around Seoul to fill your time for a week. Loads of different palaces, all the shopping areas, Namsan Tower, and the other well-known tourist spots. If you want to know more let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll be going early July. What's the general climate like around this time? From the little research I've done, it seems our timings will coincide with the start of the monsoons.

Is the public transport friendly for non-Korean people? We'll be looking to use it and I've heard good things about it. Thanks!
We'll be going early July. What's the general climate like around this time? From the little research I've done, it seems our timings will coincide with the start of the monsoons.

Is the public transport friendly for non-Korean people? We'll be looking to use it and I've heard good things about it. Thanks!

I was there at the end of July and it was mainly just humid. I think it rained once but that was it! Not sure if it could be more rainy at the start if July, but mainly monsoon rains are in and off anyway so it would probably be fine.

All the metro lines have English labels, and it plays an awesome song when there's a train arriving!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stuart_aitken
I was there at the end of July and it was mainly just humid. I think it rained once but that was it! Not sure if it could be more rainy at the start if July, but mainly monsoon rains are in and off anyway so it would probably be fine.

All the metro lines have English labels, and it plays an awesome song when there's a train arriving!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the response, the information about the climate is comforting. As is the ease of transport in South Korea, I hope the awesome song is kpop. Would be interesting to see how many songs I recognise.

May I ask if you were going to Korea for holiday or are you a Korean national? If you would rather message me that would be fine.

To still be relevant to the forum BOOM.

[video="youtube;TWMxnTQmFoM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMxnTQmFoM[/video]
Reply 1784
absolutely love LeeSSang :biggrin:

[video="youtube;zPLvh8L_880"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPLvh8L_880[/video]
If you haven't heard of Verbal Jint you should check out his stuff right now! My friend recommended him to me and lyrically he is amazing. It's not your usual kpop artist though, he's a rapper slightly similar to Plan B on the themes he raps about.

I'd heard their name before, but hadn't listened to any of their music until today. I really like this song - thanks for helping me find a new artist! Cool MV too.
Thanks for the response, the information about the climate is comforting. As is the ease of transport in South Korea, I hope the awesome song is kpop. Would be interesting to see how many songs I recognise.

May I ask if you were going to Korea for holiday or are you a Korean national? If you would rather message me that would be fine.

To still be relevant to the forum BOOM.

[video="youtube;TWMxnTQmFoM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMxnTQmFoM[/video]

Haha nope the metro songs aren't K-pop - how would the British public feel if TFL played pop radio1 pop music on the underground?! It's just a sort of happy.and stereotypically Asian tune, haha.

My girlfriend is Korean so that's why I've been there. So I wasn't quite going for a holiday, but I've been to a lot of the main places.

In a lot of places they don't speak much English. If you want me to write a very short list of the most useful words and phrases, I will. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I LOVELOVELOVE kpop! And my favourite artist is missA, but seeing as they don't have a song out right now, who shall I recommend...?
Well, I love Sistar, and Sistar19 (
씨스타19) just released a song called 'Gone Not Around Any Longer' (있다 없으니까)
It's BEAUTIFUL = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVhwsACgTw

And for a boyband? BAP! Their song is called 'Rain Sound' (
빗소리) and it has a really nice acoustic sound - I love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghpiNIKGIo
Hi! I love Korea, I'm really interested in it, and I'm able to have a conversation (or two :wink:) in Korean. So, Koreans and Korea-fans alike, lets start a forum where we can talk :wink:
<3
i think theres already a kpop thread (and a few other related ones)...but i haven't been on it for a while so not sure how alive it is!
Reply 1790
I can read Korean fully ... can I join?
Anyone like Perfume - Japanese electro pop group? I'm such a huge fan!
I've pre-ordered their new single Mirai no Museum and I signed up to their fan club which opens for global members in about two weeks. I can't wait!
Teen Top are in London next week but the tickets are £60 :frown:

Buuuut... My friend got me a ticket to see Kyary on the 13th!! So excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
aw, can there be more than one? i think i joined the other one, but i'm not sure how alive it is, like you said...

and of course you can! everyone can join :h:
Reply 1794
*subbing* :biggrin:
I like listening to K-pop sometimes, but I really can't understand a word of hangul - looks so difficult:p:.
Ahaha I don't understand Korean either, but I love the music they make, kpop's so awesome :smile: any recommendations on who to listen to? I'm obsessed with iu and sistar <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Original post by kindergartencop
Teen Top are in London next week but the tickets are £60 :frown:

Buuuut... My friend got me a ticket to see Kyary on the 13th!! So excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wahh? :O teen top in LONDON! ? yes the ticket cost is expensive..where in London? Why cant they come to other parts of England:frown:
Reply 1798
Original post by Gigi26SMILE
I LOVELOVELOVE kpop! And my favourite artist is missA, but seeing as they don't have a song out right now, who shall I recommend...?
Well, I love Sistar, and Sistar19 (
씨스타19) just released a song called 'Gone Not Around Any Longer' (있다 없으니까)
It's BEAUTIFUL = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVhwsACgTw

And for a boyband? BAP! Their song is called 'Rain Sound' (
빗소리) and it has a really nice acoustic sound - I love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghpiNIKGIo

YES! I love both of the songs..omg BAP they look so cute in the video and SISTAR19, i have that song on reply now constantly,, love love their concept! hope they win music bank:smile:
Do you like exo? if you do, looking forward to their comeback soon..? ^_^
Original post by sl_lily
Wahh? :O teen top in LONDON! ? yes the ticket cost is expensive..where in London? Why cant they come to other parts of England:frown:

I cant remember exactly where but it's on the 8th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest