The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by GingerGoat
ChemEng has been massively more competitive over the last couple of years.
At my offer holders day at Edinburgh they said that they now had almost 10 times as many applicants per place a couple of years ago. Going from barely managing to fill places to that. I believe the average offer was AAAAB.
Similar for Strathy too.

Thats interesting, I wonder why there has been such a large interest. Strathclyde only ask for AABBB on their site, does that mean an even large influx of applicants this year then if they are asking for considerably higher offers?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Brumski
Thats interesting, I wonder why there has been such a large interest. Strathclyde only ask for AABBB on their site, does that mean an even large influx of applicants this year then if they are asking for considerably higher offers?

AABBB is higher than it was last year. Only four highers were in the requirements AABB/AAAC. A two grade rise is still quite steep. Though Edinburgh, being a more popular down south had a larger rise. Applications are higher this year overall so I would assume so. ChemEng has attracted a lot of people due to the money advertised by it (though the average is skewed a lot by petrochemicals) so seen as a good choice since we're always being told how much harder it is to get a job.
Are you a ChemEng applicant?
Reply 182
Have you got any offers for finance and economics?(from Strathclyde Uni)
Original post by Anna9217
Have you got any offers for finance and economics?(from Strathclyde Uni)

I got an unconditional for economics with business law a few days ago :smile:
Reply 184
Well done! I 'm still waiting :smile: I hope they will give me an answer soon.
Reply 185
YES! Conditional for Management and Marketing
It is my first offer! So excited!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 186
Well done!
Today I also got a conditional offer from Strathclyde for Finance and Economics! It's my second offer, but I am so happy! I really want Strathclyde! Hope I'll meet the conditions.
Original post by Anna9217
Well done!
Today I also got a conditional offer from Strathclyde for Finance and Economics! It's my second offer, but I am so happy! I really want Strathclyde! Hope I'll meet the conditions.

Congrats :biggrin:
What conditions did you get? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 188
Thanks!
Well I am from EU, not from UK, so I took Toefl in order to meet their conditions, but I was surprised to find that in my conditional offer they want me to take IELTS examination. I am planning to call them on Monday and ask why they don't accept my Toefl ( I meet the entry requirements) so I don't see the problem.They also asked me to take certain grades in the examination that my country has at the end of high school.:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 189
Went to the interview/tour today and was told I had an unconditional for Computer and Electronic Systems!
Reply 190
Anyone heard anything for English yet? I've been waiting for Strathclyde and Edinburgh since October!
Original post by misshape
Anyone heard anything for English yet? I've been waiting for Strathclyde and Edinburgh since October!

Hey, yeah I got an unconditional from Strathclyde mid January :smile: There should be more offers soon I'd imagine.
Reply 192
I received a conditional offer (somewhere in November) for Computer & Electronic Systems (GH46) course ! Conditions: Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat with 8/10 in Maths and 8/10 in Physics.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 193
I got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde for Physics.
Reply 194
A lot of people from my school that applied for Strathclyde Business school, and had under the minimum requirements on the site, have been rejected so far - it seems none of them have been given an offer yet.
Reply 195
I received an unconditional for accounting and finance in december. (:
Did anyone else get a letter about the applicant days etc etc recently addressed to the wrong first name?? Or is it just me? Because if it is just me i should probably make sure they know my name haha
Original post by Hazzel
I received an unconditional for accounting and finance in december. (:
Did anyone else get a letter about the applicant days etc etc recently addressed to the wrong first name?? Or is it just me? Because if it is just me i should probably make sure they know my name haha

I did too haha Thought it was a bit strange since it was a guys name that didn't sound even remotely like mine :tongue:
Reply 197
Original post by cool_side_of_the_pillow
I did too haha Thought it was a bit strange since it was a guys name that didn't sound even remotely like mine :tongue:

Haha! Mine wasn't remotely like my name either... I've heard from a few folk who've had the same problem now so i don't think i'll bother contacting them. lol (:
Original post by amyb91
I got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde for Physics.

As did I. Straight Physics?
Reply 199
My offer hasn't appeared on Track yet, but I received the letter confirming it a few days ago and have known since the interview/tour day last week, should I just wait a while or email the admissions officer tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending