The Student Room Group

Strathclyde or Edinburgh Uni for Chemical Engineering?

I've received unconditional offers from both universities, but I'm still undecided on which may be the better option for my course. I've done plenty research on both so I know about the cities, the uni rankings, etc. but I'm hoping that someone who's in the course at either uni could tell me about what insights they now have from actually studying there, both good or bad, hopefully to help with my decision.
Original post by S.H.M.
I've received unconditional offers from both universities, but I'm still undecided on which may be the better option for my course. I've done plenty research on both so I know about the cities, the uni rankings, etc. but I'm hoping that someone who's in the course at either uni could tell me about what insights they now have from actually studying there, both good or bad, hopefully to help with my decision.

Hey @S.H.M. 🙂 Massive congrats on your offers! That's amazing 🥳

Have you had a look to see if any students are available on Unibuddy? If you don't find any current students on here that might be a good place to try. We don't seem to have any specifically available for Chemical Engineering right now but if you filter for 'Engineering' you'll find lots of buddies who can chat to you about the faculty and what their experiences have been: Chat to a student ambassador | University of Strathclyde 🙂 I think Edinburgh might have something similar!

Hope that helps a bit, happy to answer any other queries you have!
Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 2
i got 2 unconditionals from them as well, i went with strath bc i live in glasgow anyway and everything tends to be much cheaper compared to edinburgh. i know someone in edinburgh though doing chemeng, and they seem to be enjoying it
Reply 3
Original post by SonarRonar
i got 2 unconditionals from them as well, i went with strath bc i live in glasgow anyway and everything tends to be much cheaper compared to edinburgh. i know someone in edinburgh though doing chemeng, and they seem to be enjoying it
Hello, In the exact same position as you were except I live in Edinburgh. Could you possibly tell me how you have found studying in Strathclyde?

Quick Reply

Latest