The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Application to Strathclyde Comp Sci (Bsc)

Hi just a quick question,
I applied to strathclyde's computing science course with AABBC
the entry requirements are: AAAB / AABBB
my predicted grades are: AA (higher), B(advanced higher)
in addition to the predicted grades im also undertaking a games development course along with an OU (open university) course - TM129. Actually getting back to my question now, I was wondering if an unconditonal is possible in these circumstances, or will I most likely recieve a conditonal offer (get another A or B etc.) to meet the requirements.
Original post by Seumas06
Hi just a quick question,
I applied to strathclyde's computing science course with AABBC
the entry requirements are: AAAB / AABBB
my predicted grades are: AA (higher), B(advanced higher)
in addition to the predicted grades im also undertaking a games development course along with an OU (open university) course - TM129. Actually getting back to my question now, I was wondering if an unconditonal is possible in these circumstances, or will I most likely recieve a conditonal offer (get another A or B etc.) to meet the requirements.

Hey @Seumas06 🙂 Excited that you're considering studying with us!

Our standard entry requirements (as you've noted) are AAAB/AABBB (with Maths B, Computing Science recommended). With the AABBC you've achieved in S5 (assuming you have Higher Maths), you're either an A or B required towards meeting that at the moment. If you were to receive a conditional offer of study, it would likely be for another A or B.

If you qualify for our minimum entry requirements then you may qualify for an unconditional offer as you would be working towards ABBB/BBBBB by the end of S6. If you click the link provided there this will give you more info on contextual offers.

Each application is reviewed individually so I can't guarantee an offer would be made. The extra curricular study and work you're putting in is all good for showing your dedication and relevant interests in your studies 🙂 If you're working towards the standard entry requirements and the department would like to make you an offer - I'd say it would likely be a conditional one.

Good luck! Let me know when you hear back 💻️

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @Seumas06 🙂 Excited that you're considering studying with us!

Our standard entry requirements (as you've noted) are AAAB/AABBB (with Maths B, Computing Science recommended). With the AABBC you've achieved in S5 (assuming you have Higher Maths), you're either an A or B required towards meeting that at the moment. If you were to receive a conditional offer of study, it would likely be for another A or B.

If you qualify for our minimum entry requirements then you may qualify for an unconditional offer as you would be working towards ABBB/BBBBB by the end of S6. If you click the link provided there this will give you more info on contextual offers.

Each application is reviewed individually so I can't guarantee an offer would be made. The extra curricular study and work you're putting in is all good for showing your dedication and relevant interests in your studies 🙂 If you're working towards the standard entry requirements and the department would like to make you an offer - I'd say it would likely be a conditional one.

Good luck! Let me know when you hear back 💻️

Caitlin 🎓️

Hi Caitlin!

Thank you for the reply, good to know that I am leaning towards conditional - praying that I manage to make it in lol, but I am aware of other competition to get into the course so entry may not be possible, but thanks for the reply and I will make sure to let you know when I recieve their decision.
Original post by Seumas06
Hi Caitlin!

Thank you for the reply, good to know that I am leaning towards conditional - praying that I manage to make it in lol, but I am aware of other competition to get into the course so entry may not be possible, but thanks for the reply and I will make sure to let you know when I recieve their decision.

I'll keep everything crossed for you while you wait 🙂 I know it can be daunting but no news is good news and you're still being considered until you hear otherwise.

Wishing you lots of luck! 🤞

Caitlin 🎓️
Reply 4
Have you received an offer yet? Waiting for this too 🤞🏻🙈
Reply 5
Original post by katyjoanne
Have you received an offer yet? Waiting for this too 🤞🏻🙈

Currently not yet, keeping my fingers crossed though! Already recieved unconditionals for comp sci at Stirling and Aberdeen but it would be great to hear back from strathclyde. Hope you recieve and offer aswell when they get round to replying! 😁
Reply 6
Yes I also have an unconditional from Aberdeen and Heriot watt and a conditional from Dundee so far. Good luck 🤞🏻
Reply 7
Yes I also have an unconditional from Aberdeen and Heriot watt and a conditional from Dundee so far. Good luck 🤞🏻
You heard back from them yet? Still waiting
No still waiting 😔
Did you get an offer?
Unfortunately I was rejected 😞
Reply 10
Did you get an offer?

Damn that sucks :frown: I am still waiting. you have anywhere else you would like to go to other than strathclyde?
Reply 11
Did you get an offer?

What were your grades aswell if you don't mind me asking?
Think I’ll go to Dundee. My grades are highers A (comp sci) 3 x Bs (physics, Chem, maths) English C. Nat 5s 7As
Currently doing 3 adv highers physics maths and comp sci. Slightly less than you so hopefully you get a place. Good luck 🤞🏻
Reply 13
Think I’ll go to Dundee. My grades are highers A (comp sci) 3 x Bs (physics, Chem, maths) English C. Nat 5s 7As
Currently doing 3 adv highers physics maths and comp sci. Slightly less than you so hopefully you get a place. Good luck 🤞🏻

Dang man, 3 advanced Highers is like an unholy trinity 😭😭 doing advanced higher maths and I'm getting absolutely sauted. Well best of luck to you aswell 🤞
Thank you 🤞🏻
I know, it was in the hope I got an offer from Glasgow or Strathclyde. Don’t really need them now 🙈
Let me know if you get an offer - keeping fingers crossed for you.
Reply 15
Thank you 🤞🏻
I know, it was in the hope I got an offer from Glasgow or Strathclyde. Don’t really need them now 🙈
Let me know if you get an offer - keeping fingers crossed for you.

Hello, I have appeared to have gotten lucky - I initially had some bad news around 7 to 8 days ago in which strathclyde rejected me, but it seems they changed their mind 2 days ago when they updated it to a conditonal (for an A or B in higher) - which I am very thankful for! It might have had something to do with places freeing up, I was about to place Stirling as my firm choice so im glad I waited as this was the course I wanted. I wish you the best of luck if you are still going for Dundee! (I heard they are also quite good for computer science, especially in the game development scene)
Brilliant news! Good luck 🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending