The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Education and psychology Strathclyde

I am interested in psychology and know BA Psychology at Strathclyde is BPS accredited. If I did a BA in Education and Psychology- would I be BPS accredited after 4 years?
Original post by Anonymous
I am interested in psychology and know BA Psychology at Strathclyde is BPS accredited. If I did a BA in Education and Psychology- would I be BPS accredited after 4 years?

Hello! Thanks for your message, sorry it's taken us a few days to respond 🙂

The only BPS accredited degrees are our BA Psychology and the BSc Psychology & Counselling, so if you do the joint honours with Education it won't be BPS accredited. This is because of the number of Psychology classes required to achieve the accreditation.

Hope that helps!
Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by University of Strathclyde

The only BPS accredited degrees are our BA Psychology and the BSc Psychology & Counselling, so if you do the joint honours with Education it won't be BPS accredited. This is because of the number of Psychology classes required to achieve the accreditation.

Hope that helps!
Caitlin

Very helpful and clear. Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by University of Strathclyde

Hope that helps!
Caitlin

Hello again. I wonder if you have any further insight. I decided to apply for BA Psychology and also Psychology and Counselling. Within 24 hours of my UCAS form being send I received a rejection forPsychology. Would this be due to the fact that I applied for two courses that major in Psychology - so the university would only consider me for one Psychology degree? Or is this just be a very quick rejection, and I will be considered separately for Psychology and Counselling? I appreciate psychology degrees are very highly competitive to be accepted onto. I do have strong results from S5 and I am sitting a further 2 Highers and 2 Advanced Highers. Since Strathclyde rejected within hours of my UCAS being sent, I do still have the option of withdrawing my Psychology and Counselling application for Strathclyde and applying to another university such as Stirling. (My 5 choices were 2xStrathclyde, Glasgow, GCU and Edinburgh.Students have a 2 week grace period to change university choices). I remain very keen to studyPsychology and Counselling at Strathclyde, so to return to my original question - does the university reject one Psychology application almost automatically to allow the application to be focused on the other Psychology application. Best regards
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello again. I wonder if you have any further insight. I decided to apply for BA Psychology and also Psychology and Counselling. Within 24 hours of my UCAS form being send I received a rejection forPsychology. Would this be due to the fact that I applied for two courses that major in Psychology - so the university would only consider me for one Psychology degree? Or is this just be a very quick rejection, and I will be considered separately for Psychology and Counselling? I appreciate psychology degrees are very highly competitive to be accepted onto. I do have strong results from S5 and I am sitting a further 2 Highers and 2 Advanced Highers. Since Strathclyde rejected within hours of my UCAS being sent, I do still have the option of withdrawing my Psychology and Counselling application for Strathclyde and applying to another university such as Stirling. (My 5 choices were 2xStrathclyde, Glasgow, GCU and Edinburgh.Students have a 2 week grace period to change university choices). I remain very keen to studyPsychology and Counselling at Strathclyde, so to return to my original question - does the university reject one Psychology application almost automatically to allow the application to be focused on the other Psychology application. Best regards

Hello! Nice to hear from you 🙂
Was there a reason attached to the decision which was made? Usually there is, and it may be that competition is high for the course. The admissions staff tend to only consider the one application when applying to similar subjects, so it may be that they read your personal statement and decided to consider you for the one with counselling. I'd say until you hear otherwise you're still being considered for that programme, but I don't have access to your application so I can't provide specific advice.

You can get in touch with the HASS team at [email protected] if you'd like to ask further questions.

Caitlin 🎓️
Original post by Anonymous #1

Did you end up getting an offer??
Reply 6
I did, I was fortunate to get an unconditional offer. Deciding between Strathclyde and Glasgow University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending