The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It's probably going to be my firm, I just need to get 6,5 from IELTS :}
sure hope so!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
G8D
Why, oh why, does Strathclyde appeal to me more than Glasgow and Edinburgh for law? It just makes my life more difficult :frown:

Cause I'm going there :wink: jokes haha
Your spoiler says you've got a conditional for Strathclyde and unconditionals for Edinburgh and Glasgow :P:
Firm Strathy and insurance one of the other two.
Then if you don't want to go to Strathclyde just don't turn up to your exams!
G8D
One of my teachers recommended that I sent Strathclyde an informative email stating that I had unconditionals from the other 2 of the "top 3" and that I really liked Stathclyde but the offers were playing a part. And that perhaps they would lower the offer to concur with Glasgow and Edinburghs decisions.

I kinda doubt it would work like that, but I am considering it :P

maybe not :P: just an idea though :smile:
What makes you like Strathy so much then for Law?
Congrats anyway on your offers :smile:
Though Law and Pharmacy? odd combo, no?
G8D
I went to the open day this past wednesday and it just seemed good.
Both in terms of the course (the mooting team and the clinic) and the social life (killer Union and the whole Law Society do's).

I say "my confusing UCAS" for a reason :P My only grade thats relevant to law is a B at Higher english.. I am AMAZED that I got in tbh.

Why did you choose Law then when you've taken all science subjects then!?
Ah my friend said pharmacy was for failed Doctors. He's going off to do medicine so bit of one-up-manship there :rolleyes:
Social life does look good at Strathy :smile: i like how they sort who you go into halls with by making you do a survey to see who you're compatible wiith :P:
Apparently music taste causes the most arguments!
G8D
I chose law in Oct/Nov 2009 :/
I picked my 6th year subjects without knowing what I wanted to do at uni..

Luckily I can obsess over things like this and work my ass off (outside of school) to get in :h:
I was very lucky though.

I wouldn't be in halls as I live a short bus/train away, but it would still be awesome me thinks.

Ahhh. at least you know what you want to do now though :smile:
Do you favour Glasgow and Strathclyde over Edinburgh as you cn stay at home?
G8D
Edi was originally my favourite option, but I decided I didn't want to go completely alone (plans change :/ ).
Then I was under the impression of Glasgow>Strathclyde for.. everything.. But the open day just opened my eyes I guess..

You firmed Strathclyde law then?

No haha.
I'm not a law student. Meant i was going to strathclyde in general not to do law.:p:
I'm probably off to Chemical Engineering :smile:
I'm tempted to take up my forensic chemistry offer, but no jobs there :frown:
I'm going to be a loner if i go to Glasgow, everyone in my year is going to Aberdeen and RGU :P:
I've got an applicant day for Edinburgh but unless it really blows me away it's Strathclyde for me :smile:
Reply 86
I have :smile:

Marketing anyone?
Think Strathclyde will be my first choice :smile:
I have an offer for Applied Music!!!! chuffed!!!

Received via phone on friday

apparently they would like me to get an A in Adv Higher music (which shouldnt be a problem)

but also said that if i dont i can still have my place!
will that appear as an unconditional on ucas? (ucas still hasnt been updated)
Reply 88
G8D
Why, oh why, does Strathclyde appeal to me more than Glasgow and Edinburgh for law? It just makes my life more difficult :frown:

i'm in exactly the same position,
strathclyde moves more with the times whereas glasgow seems to trade on reputation.
gahh. :frown:
Reply 89
Got an unconditional for biomedical science
Reply 90
I got a conditional for Phamacology with Industrial Placement :smile:

Anyone else get an offer for biomedical sciences??
Reply 91
G8D
Glasgow open day today :biggrin:
Lets see if my opinion is swayed.

So has it swayed?
Reply 92
katieann93
i'm in exactly the same position,
strathclyde moves more with the times whereas glasgow seems to trade on reputation.
gahh. :frown:

Well I'am in the same boat too. Can't decide between the two.
Its much harder since I am going to do Accounting and Finance and Strathclyde's department is one of the best in the UK.
I have!
Unconditonal for Msc International Banking & Finance.
Reply 94
G8D
Oh yeah :cool:

seriously??
i went to the open day for Glasgow too. Thoroughly unswayed. Suppose it's a personal choice thing. Strathclyde's the one for me :smile:
Reply 95
I found it hard deciding between Strathy and Glasgow too, but I decided that stathy was for me. :smile:
Reply 96
anyone applied for accommodation yet??
Reply 97
robyn1
anyone applied for accommodation yet??

I applied for Murray Hall :biggrin:
Reply 98
Anyone for Postgraduate Accounting and Finance here?
Reply 99
Conker18
I applied for Murray Hall :biggrin:

I haven't got the application things yet :frown: how come you've already applied? do you have an unconditional offer??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending